Re: Terminal -> MacVim -> Terminal

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2009
      2009/7/18 cpbtklogic:

      > I'm wondering if there is an easy way to make MacVim switch back to my
      > Terminal when I start it from the command line and then :q from inside
      > the Vim window.
      >
      > I could do it with a little bit of post :q applescript.  Is there a
      > buffer shutdown script or something?

      I use the following as my EDITOR environment variable:

      mvim -f -c "au VimLeave * !open -a Terminal"

      This way, whenever I ":q" after entering a Git commit message I'm
      brought back to Terminal.

      If that's not what you're after, then how about adding the following
      line to your ~/.profile (create it if it doesn't already exist):

      alias tvim='mvim -f -c "au VimLeave * !open -a Terminal"'

      That way you can type "tvim" (_t_emporary _vim_) in Terminal, do some
      quick edits, enter ":q" and you'll be brought back to Terminal.