Re: ANSI colors?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2009
      2009/7/14 Ben Orenstein:

      > I'm using a ruby gem called redgreen (http://on-ruby.blogspot.com/
      > 2006/05/red-and-green-for-ruby.html).  This gem adds ANSI color codes
      > to test output to make it easier to read.
      >
      > I often run tests from inside macvim by running something like :!ruby
      > my_file_of_tests.rb
      >
      > Unfortunately, when I run tests this way, the ANSI color codes are not
      > parsed, and appear in the test ouput looking like "[0m[32m"
      >
      > These color codes are recognized in vim run in Terminal, but not in
      > MacVim.  Can anyone recommend a way of getting the colorized output I
      > love in MacVim?

      Hi Ben,

      This is one of those questions that pop up once a month or so. Just
      search around a bit -- there's even some stuff on this list, e.g.:

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/browse_thread/thread/fbc8f6fbe6e24c1a/27e248be58ca518e?lnk=gst&q=terminal+emulator#27e248be58ca518e

      Executive summary: This is not a MacVim specific problem and it boils
      down to the fact that Vim is not a terminal emulator. :-/

      I'm glad you like MacVim though. ;-)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2009
        2009/7/17 björn:
        > 2009/7/14 Ben Orenstein:
        >>
        >> These color codes are recognized in vim run in Terminal, but not in
        >> MacVim.  Can anyone recommend a way of getting the colorized output I
        >> love in MacVim?
        >
        > I'm glad you like MacVim though. ;-)

        On second reading I see that it is ANSI colors and not MacVim that you
        love. Ah well, maybe you're terribly frustrated with MacVim and wrote
        your post in a final desperate attempt to get something to work before
        you went back to terminal Vim forever.

        (I'll try to stop myself from spamming the list now.)