Re: MacVim and LaTeX suite: labels completion and error

  • d.avitabile@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2009
      As far as problem 1) is concerned, I have noticed that the bad
      behaviour occurs only if there is a space in the label. If I am
      completing the label defined as

      \label{eq: my equation}

      the problem arises, whereas if I am completing the label

      \label{eq:myequation}

      VimLaTeX seems to behave fine.

      Best.

      Daniele

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2009
        2009/7/16 d.avitabile@...:

        > I am using MacVim and LaTeX suite. I noticed the following bad
        > behaviours:
        >
        > 1) When using F9 to complete \cite{} commands, the completion goes
        > fine, but when using F9 on \eqref or \ref commands, the completion
        > doesn't quite work: I can see the usual _OUTLINE_ window, displaying
        > approriate choices for the reference labels, but when I press Enter I
        > am prompted back to the document, and the command is not completed. It
        > actually gets a closing bracket say \eqref{} but it doesn't seem to
        > have selected my choice.
        >
        > 2) When the latex compiler gives an error, a proper Quickfix list
        > appears, showing the right error. When I press Enter, the correct
        > behaviour should be to bring me back to the document, with the cursor
        > next to my error. In my case, I am stuck to the Quickfix window, and I
        > am unable to go back to the document, unless I type :q. This closes
        > the Quickfix window, but doesn't bring my cursor on the error.
        >
        > Have you noticed similar behaviour?

        Daniele,

        Unfortunately I can't help with Vim LaTeX problems but I have noticed
        problem #2 myself but I don't know how to fix it. Do you know if this
        is a problem that only occurs in MacVim or is it the same across all
        Vim ports?

        I was going to suggest you post on the Vim LaTeX mailing list but it
        appears you already did. :-)

      • d.avitabile@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17, 2009
          Thanks Bjoern,

          I was somehow hoping that Ted was reading either of the messages... :)

          Best.

          Daniele