MacVim.app Snapshot 47

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2009

      I found and subsequently patched a crashing bug a few days after
      uploading snapshot 46 and since I have yet to update the AppCast I
      thought it worthwile not to and simply build a new snapshot with the
      patch included. The new snapshot can be download from the usual
      place:

      http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

      Please download and test it out and I'll update the snapshot to point
      directly to snapshot 47 (skipping 46 altogether).

      The bug is not new, in fact it has probably been with us in one form
      or another since I implemented GUI dialogs. However, with snapshot 45
      it became easy to reproduce which is why I could patch it now (DON'T
      TRY THIS AT HOME): enter some text, hit Cmd-w and choose Save, enter a
      file name and save...MacVim crashes. Any time you open a dialog with
      a pre-47 build you run the risk of triggering this bug which may or
      may not lead to a crash (I've personally only seen crashes with snap
      45 or later due to this bug), so I recommend updating to snap 47.

      The only difference between snapshot 46 and 47 (apart from a change to
      some log messages) is the inclusion of this patch and an update to the
      latest Vim patches and runtime files.