Re: Remapping Caps-Lock to Escape

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 13, 2009
      2009/7/13 David Wilhelm:

      > This worked for my macbook
      >
      > http://www.pqrs.org/tekezo/macosx/keyremap4macbook/extra.html
      >
      > i also installed his KeyRemap4MacBook, though I'm not sure if that's
      > necessary. These apps put a nice config gui in your Preferences panel,
      > and you can easily uninstall at any time which is nice. The only side-
      > effect is that the LED on my caps lock is lit up , but you get used to
      > it.

      The trick is to go into System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse ->
      Keyboard (tab) -> Modifiers Keys... (button). Then change the "Caps
      Lock" drop down menu to read "^ Control" and then go into the
      PCKeyboardHack pref and remap Caps Lock to keycode 53 (Escape).

      There, no more Caps Lock lighting up (and before I did this Caps Lock
      presses sometimes used to fail to register).