Re: Naming window tabs

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2009
      On Jul 9, 12:11 pm, Mariusz Nowak <marius...@...> wrote:
      > It'll be nice to be able to give custom names to window tabs. Has
      > anybody thought of such option ?
      >
      > In each tab I have few files open. Each tab is for different task
      > really, then when there are many tabs open it's difficult to find tab
      > for specific task. They're named after files currently focused in them
      > which in many cases is not very informative.

      You can create custom tabs with any text you like, using the
      'guitablabel' option for GUI-like tabs, or the 'tabline' option for
      text-like tabs, even in the GUI if you remove the e flag from
      'guioptions'. (The advantage of using text-like tabs in the GUI is
      that you can have identical tabs in gvim and Console Vim, and set them
      at a single place in your vimrc.)

      See
      :help 'guitablabel'
      :help 'tabline'
      :help 'guioptions'
      :help 'go-e'
      :help 'showtabline'

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      Only adults have difficulty with childproof caps.