Re: MacVim as Vimperator external editor

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
      2009/7/7 Chow:

      > Hello, I'm running:
      > Mac OS X 10.5.7
      > Firefox 3.0.11
      > Vimperator 2.1
      > MacVim Version 7.2 stable 1.2 (33.3)
      > I'm a Vim newbie, and I'm keen on using MacVim to work with the<C-
      > i>  command. I've tried adding the command posted to this
      > discussion group: http://tinyurl.com/nscjhu
      > When I am in a text area and press Ctrl-I, a MacVim window opens with
      > the contents of the text field. Then I go to close the window using
      > the close button, it offers me the option to save or not. If i don't
      > save the file, the text field remains unchanged and   I get the
      > following message in the Console and terminal:
      >
      >    7/7/09 10:31:21 AM MacVim[11181] *** -[NSMachPort
      > handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the
      > connection or ports are invalid

      This is a harmless message logged by the Cocoa framework. You
      should/may be able to get rid of it by updating to the latest
      snapshot.

      > Now, when I do elect to save the MacVim window, the changes are
      > added to the text field but then Vimperator gives an exception of
      > this form:
      >
      >    [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012
      > (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.remove]" ns result: "0x80520012
      > (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS>frame :: chrome://liberator/content/io.js
      > :: anonymous
      >      :: line 1138" data: no]

      As for this problem, I have no answer -- I think Ted is right in that
      you should ask the vimperator devs.

    • Chow
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
        > I think you meant to post this to the Vimperator list, not the mac_vim
        > list. The problem you are having is specific to Vimperator, not MacVim.

        Ah, thank you for the lead. I'll make sure to consult them on this.

        Best,
        Chia-Hua
      • Chow
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009