Re: MacVim as Vimperator external editor

  • Ted Pavlic
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8 4:46 AM
      I think you meant to post this to the Vimperator list, not the mac_vim
      list. The problem you are having is specific to Vimperator, not MacVim.

      The Vimperator list is at: vimperator@...

      --Ted

      --
      Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

      Please visit my 2009 d'Feet ALS walk page:
      http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedp
      My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8 6:02 AM
        2009/7/7 Chow:

        > Hello, I'm running:
        > Mac OS X 10.5.7
        > Firefox 3.0.11
        > Vimperator 2.1
        > MacVim Version 7.2 stable 1.2 (33.3)
        > I'm a Vim newbie, and I'm keen on using MacVim to work with the<C-
        > i>  command. I've tried adding the command posted to this
        > discussion group: http://tinyurl.com/nscjhu
        > When I am in a text area and press Ctrl-I, a MacVim window opens with
        > the contents of the text field. Then I go to close the window using
        > the close button, it offers me the option to save or not. If i don't
        > save the file, the text field remains unchanged and   I get the
        > following message in the Console and terminal:
        >
        >    7/7/09 10:31:21 AM MacVim[11181] *** -[NSMachPort
        > handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the
        > connection or ports are invalid

        This is a harmless message logged by the Cocoa framework. You
        should/may be able to get rid of it by updating to the latest
        snapshot.

        > Now, when I do elect to save the MacVim window, the changes are
        > added to the text field but then Vimperator gives an exception of
        > this form:
        >
        >    [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012
        > (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.remove]" ns result: "0x80520012
        > (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS>frame :: chrome://liberator/content/io.js
        > :: anonymous
        >      :: line 1138" data: no]

        As for this problem, I have no answer -- I think Ted is right in that
        you should ask the vimperator devs.

      • Chow
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8 11:32 AM
          > I think you meant to post this to the Vimperator list, not the mac_vim
          > list. The problem you are having is specific to Vimperator, not MacVim.

          Ah, thank you for the lead. I'll make sure to consult them on this.

          Best,
          Chia-Hua
        • Chow
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8 11:33 AM