os x movement shortcuts

  • Robin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009

      I noticed that some of the standard os x movement shortcuts
      (alt+left/right arrow for word, cmd + left/right arrow for start/end
      of line) work, both in normal and insert modes. I am guessing they are
      added somewhere by macvim.

      But they don't work with shift for selection. I was wondering if
      anyone could tell me what mappings I should include to allow selection
      using these shortcuts?

      Thanks

      Robin

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
        2009/7/3 Robin:

        > I noticed that some of the standard os x movement shortcuts
        > (alt+left/right arrow for word, cmd + left/right arrow for start/end
        > of line) work, both in normal and insert modes. I am guessing they are
        > added somewhere by macvim.
        >
        > But they don't work with shift for selection. I was wondering if
        > anyone could tell me what mappings I should include to allow selection
        > using these shortcuts?

        Hi Robin,

        You know about the ":help" command, right? Try

        :h macvim

        and after a brief look you'll find

        :h macvim-shortcuts

        and