Re: TwitVim Problem

  • Niklas Lindström
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2 9:23 AM
      Hi Nico,

      just a side question..

      On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Nico Weber<nicolasweber@...> wrote:

      [...]
      > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
      > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

      My build of MacVim (--enable-pythoninterp) uses Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5:

      :py import sys; print sys.version
      2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 13 2009, 10:26:13)
      [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]

      AFAIK, 10.5 has these by default in
      </System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/>:
      2.3
      2.5
      Current -> 2.5

      Did you mean something else or am I confused?

      Best regards,
      Niklas

    • Xin Dong
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2 11:44 AM

        The error message is:
        Error detected while processing function
        <SNR>17_get_timeline..<SNR>17_run_curl..<SNR>17_python_curl:
        Line 37:
        Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "<string>", line 18, in ?
        File "<string>", line 8, in make_base64
        AttributedError: 'module' object has no attribute 'b64encode'

        I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
        (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

        Thanks

        On Jul 2, 12:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:
        >
        > > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
        > > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?
        >
        > `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.
        >
        > > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
        > >> Hi,
        >
        > >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
        > >> convenient.
        > >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
        > >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
        > >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
        >
        > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
        > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
        >
        > Nico
      • Xin Dong
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2 11:46 AM
          Hi Steve,

          Does your TwitVim use perl or python? I checked my vim version, it is
          compiled without perl support.

          Xin

          On Jul 2, 10:52 am, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
          > On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:
          >
          > > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
          > > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
          >
          > TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
          > following settings:
          >
          >      " credentials (base64)
          >      let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"
          >
          >      " use native support
          >      let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
          >      let twitvim_enable_python = 1
          >
          > i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
          > systems with Vims that have perl support.
          >
          > -steve
          >
          > --http://five.sentenc.es
        • Steve Huff
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2 2:25 PM
            On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:

            > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
            > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

            perhaps try setting

            let twitvim_enable_python = 0

            to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
            default)?

            -steve

            --
            http://five.sentenc.es

          • Xin Dong
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2 8:19 PM
              I now disabled python, the curl works. Thanks.

              I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
              Anyone has any idea?

              Xin

              On Jul 2, 4:25 pm, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
              > On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:
              >
              > > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
              > > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?
              >
              > perhaps try setting
              >
              >         let twitvim_enable_python = 0
              >
              > to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
              > default)?
              >
              > -steve
              >
              > --http://five.sentenc.es
            • john mckenzie
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 7, 2010
                On Jul 2 2009, 11:19 pm, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:

                > I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                > Anyone has any idea?

                In plain vim, I changed the value for let twitvim_browser_cmd to
                'open' instead of "Firefox.exe" and this made it work. However it
                clears the twitvim buffer seemingly irrevocably, so my entire timeline
                disappears, and :RefreshTwitter etc. won't bring it back.

                This does not work in MacVim at all however.

                -- John