Re: TwitVim Problem

  • Steve Huff
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
      On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:

      > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
      > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

      TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
      following settings:

      " credentials (base64)
      let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"

      " use native support
      let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
      let twitvim_enable_python = 1

      i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
      systems with Vims that have perl support.

      -steve

      --
      http://five.sentenc.es

    • Niklas Lindström
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
        Hi Nico,

        just a side question..

        On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Nico Weber<nicolasweber@...> wrote:

        [...]
        > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
        > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

        My build of MacVim (--enable-pythoninterp) uses Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5:

        :py import sys; print sys.version
        2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 13 2009, 10:26:13)
        [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]

        AFAIK, 10.5 has these by default in
        </System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/>:
        2.3
        2.5
        Current -> 2.5

        Did you mean something else or am I confused?

        Best regards,
        Niklas

      • Xin Dong
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009

          The error message is:
          Error detected while processing function
          <SNR>17_get_timeline..<SNR>17_run_curl..<SNR>17_python_curl:
          Line 37:
          Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "<string>", line 18, in ?
          File "<string>", line 8, in make_base64
          AttributedError: 'module' object has no attribute 'b64encode'

          I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
          (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

          Thanks

          On Jul 2, 12:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:
          >
          > > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
          > > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?
          >
          > `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.
          >
          > > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
          > >> Hi,
          >
          > >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
          > >> convenient.
          > >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
          > >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
          > >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
          >
          > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
          > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
          >
          > Nico
        • Xin Dong
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
            Hi Steve,

            Does your TwitVim use perl or python? I checked my vim version, it is
            compiled without perl support.

            Xin

            On Jul 2, 10:52 am, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
            > On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:
            >
            > > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
            > > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
            >
            > TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
            > following settings:
            >
            >      " credentials (base64)
            >      let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"
            >
            >      " use native support
            >      let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
            >      let twitvim_enable_python = 1
            >
            > i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
            > systems with Vims that have perl support.
            >
            > -steve
            >
            > --http://five.sentenc.es
          • Steve Huff
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
              On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:

              > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
              > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

              perhaps try setting

              let twitvim_enable_python = 0

              to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
              default)?

              -steve

              --
              http://five.sentenc.es

            • Xin Dong
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                I now disabled python, the curl works. Thanks.

                I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                Anyone has any idea?

                Xin

                On Jul 2, 4:25 pm, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                > On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:
                >
                > > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                > > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?
                >
                > perhaps try setting
                >
                >         let twitvim_enable_python = 0
                >
                > to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                > default)?
                >
                > -steve
                >
                > --http://five.sentenc.es
              • john mckenzie
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 7, 2010
                  On Jul 2 2009, 11:19 pm, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:

                  > I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                  > Anyone has any idea?

                  In plain vim, I changed the value for let twitvim_browser_cmd to
                  'open' instead of "Firefox.exe" and this made it work. However it
                  clears the twitvim buffer seemingly irrevocably, so my entire timeline
                  disappears, and :RefreshTwitter etc. won't bring it back.

                  This does not work in MacVim at all however.

                  -- John