Re: TwitVim Problem

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009

      On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:

      > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
      > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?

      `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.

      > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
      >> convenient.
      >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
      >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
      >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.

      Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
      by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

      Nico

    • Meikel Brandmeyer
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009

        On Jul 2, 7:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:

        > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
        > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

        TwitVim works fine for me. Although that doesn't help... :/

        Sincerely
        Meikel

      • Steve Huff
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
          On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:

          > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
          > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

          TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
          following settings:

          " credentials (base64)
          let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"

          " use native support
          let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
          let twitvim_enable_python = 1

          i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
          systems with Vims that have perl support.

          -steve

          --
          http://five.sentenc.es

        • Niklas Lindström
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
            Hi Nico,

            just a side question..

            On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Nico Weber<nicolasweber@...> wrote:

            [...]
            > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
            > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

            My build of MacVim (--enable-pythoninterp) uses Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5:

            :py import sys; print sys.version
            2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 13 2009, 10:26:13)
            [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]

            AFAIK, 10.5 has these by default in
            </System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/>:
            2.3
            2.5
            Current -> 2.5

            Did you mean something else or am I confused?

            Best regards,
            Niklas

          • Xin Dong
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009

              The error message is:
              Error detected while processing function
              <SNR>17_get_timeline..<SNR>17_run_curl..<SNR>17_python_curl:
              Line 37:
              Traceback (most recent call last):
              File "<string>", line 18, in ?
              File "<string>", line 8, in make_base64
              AttributedError: 'module' object has no attribute 'b64encode'

              I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
              (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

              Thanks

              On Jul 2, 12:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:
              >
              > > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
              > > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?
              >
              > `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.
              >
              > > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
              > >> Hi,
              >
              > >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
              > >> convenient.
              > >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
              > >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
              > >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
              >
              > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
              > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
              >
              > Nico
            • Xin Dong
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                Hi Steve,

                Does your TwitVim use perl or python? I checked my vim version, it is
                compiled without perl support.

                Xin

                On Jul 2, 10:52 am, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                > On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:
                >
                > > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
                > > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
                >
                > TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
                > following settings:
                >
                >      " credentials (base64)
                >      let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"
                >
                >      " use native support
                >      let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
                >      let twitvim_enable_python = 1
                >
                > i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
                > systems with Vims that have perl support.
                >
                > -steve
                >
                > --http://five.sentenc.es
              • Steve Huff
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                  On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:

                  > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                  > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

                  perhaps try setting

                  let twitvim_enable_python = 0

                  to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                  default)?

                  -steve

                  --
                  http://five.sentenc.es

                • Xin Dong
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                    I now disabled python, the curl works. Thanks.

                    I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                    Anyone has any idea?

                    Xin

                    On Jul 2, 4:25 pm, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                    > On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:
                    >
                    > > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                    > > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?
                    >
                    > perhaps try setting
                    >
                    >         let twitvim_enable_python = 0
                    >
                    > to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                    > default)?
                    >
                    > -steve
                    >
                    > --http://five.sentenc.es
                  • john mckenzie
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 7, 2010
                      On Jul 2 2009, 11:19 pm, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:

                      > I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                      > Anyone has any idea?

                      In plain vim, I changed the value for let twitvim_browser_cmd to
                      'open' instead of "Firefox.exe" and this made it work. However it
                      clears the twitvim buffer seemingly irrevocably, so my entire timeline
                      disappears, and :RefreshTwitter etc. won't bring it back.

                      This does not work in MacVim at all however.

                      -- John