Re: TwitVim Problem

  • jordi collell
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 8:51 PM
      Hello, I have to append one question to this...
      How to view error messages, that flash too quick?

      On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very convenient.
      > I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
      > OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
      > very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
      >
      > I don't have any knowledge to check the source code. Can anyone help
      > me out?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 10:17 PM

        On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:

        > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
        > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?

        `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.

        > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
        >> convenient.
        >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
        >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
        >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.

        Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
        by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

        Nico

      • Meikel Brandmeyer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2 8:37 AM

          On Jul 2, 7:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:

          > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
          > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

          TwitVim works fine for me. Although that doesn't help... :/

          Sincerely
          Meikel

        • Steve Huff
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2 8:52 AM
            On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:

            > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
            > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

            TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
            following settings:

            " credentials (base64)
            let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"

            " use native support
            let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
            let twitvim_enable_python = 1

            i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
            systems with Vims that have perl support.

            -steve

            --
            http://five.sentenc.es

          • Niklas Lindström
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2 9:23 AM
              Hi Nico,

              just a side question..

              On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Nico Weber<nicolasweber@...> wrote:

              [...]
              > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
              > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

              My build of MacVim (--enable-pythoninterp) uses Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5:

              :py import sys; print sys.version
              2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 13 2009, 10:26:13)
              [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]

              AFAIK, 10.5 has these by default in
              </System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/>:
              2.3
              2.5
              Current -> 2.5

              Did you mean something else or am I confused?

              Best regards,
              Niklas

            • Xin Dong
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2 11:44 AM

                The error message is:
                Error detected while processing function
                <SNR>17_get_timeline..<SNR>17_run_curl..<SNR>17_python_curl:
                Line 37:
                Traceback (most recent call last):
                File "<string>", line 18, in ?
                File "<string>", line 8, in make_base64
                AttributedError: 'module' object has no attribute 'b64encode'

                I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

                Thanks

                On Jul 2, 12:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:
                >
                > > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
                > > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?
                >
                > `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.
                >
                > > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
                > >> Hi,
                >
                > >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
                > >> convenient.
                > >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
                > >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
                > >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
                >
                > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
                > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
                >
                > Nico
              • Xin Dong
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2 11:46 AM
                  Hi Steve,

                  Does your TwitVim use perl or python? I checked my vim version, it is
                  compiled without perl support.

                  Xin

                  On Jul 2, 10:52 am, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                  > On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:
                  >
                  > > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
                  > > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
                  >
                  > TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
                  > following settings:
                  >
                  >      " credentials (base64)
                  >      let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"
                  >
                  >      " use native support
                  >      let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
                  >      let twitvim_enable_python = 1
                  >
                  > i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
                  > systems with Vims that have perl support.
                  >
                  > -steve
                  >
                  > --http://five.sentenc.es
                • Steve Huff
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2 2:25 PM
                    On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:

                    > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                    > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

                    perhaps try setting

                    let twitvim_enable_python = 0

                    to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                    default)?

                    -steve

                    --
                    http://five.sentenc.es

                  • Xin Dong
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 2 8:19 PM
                      I now disabled python, the curl works. Thanks.

                      I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                      Anyone has any idea?

                      Xin

                      On Jul 2, 4:25 pm, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                      > On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:
                      >
                      > > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                      > > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?
                      >
                      > perhaps try setting
                      >
                      >         let twitvim_enable_python = 0
                      >
                      > to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                      > default)?
                      >
                      > -steve
                      >
                      > --http://five.sentenc.es
                    • john mckenzie
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 7, 2010
                        On Jul 2 2009, 11:19 pm, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:

                        > I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                        > Anyone has any idea?

                        In plain vim, I changed the value for let twitvim_browser_cmd to
                        'open' instead of "Firefox.exe" and this made it work. However it
                        clears the twitvim buffer seemingly irrevocably, so my entire timeline
                        disappears, and :RefreshTwitter etc. won't bring it back.

                        This does not work in MacVim at all however.

                        -- John