TwitVim Problem

  • Xin Dong
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009

      Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very convenient.
      I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
      OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
      very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.

      I don't have any knowledge to check the source code. Can anyone help
      me out?

      Thanks.

    • jordi collell
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
        Hello, I have to append one question to this...
        How to view error messages, that flash too quick?

        On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very convenient.
        > I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
        > OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
        > very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
        >
        > I don't have any knowledge to check the source code. Can anyone help
        > me out?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009

          On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:

          > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
          > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?

          `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.

          > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
          >> convenient.
          >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
          >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
          >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.

          Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
          by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

          Nico

        • Meikel Brandmeyer
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009

            On Jul 2, 7:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:

            > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
            > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

            TwitVim works fine for me. Although that doesn't help... :/

            Sincerely
            Meikel

          • Steve Huff
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
              On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:

              > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
              > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

              TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
              following settings:

              " credentials (base64)
              let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"

              " use native support
              let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
              let twitvim_enable_python = 1

              i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
              systems with Vims that have perl support.

              -steve

              --
              http://five.sentenc.es

            • Niklas Lindström
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                Hi Nico,

                just a side question..

                On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Nico Weber<nicolasweber@...> wrote:

                [...]
                > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
                > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.

                My build of MacVim (--enable-pythoninterp) uses Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5:

                :py import sys; print sys.version
                2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jan 13 2009, 10:26:13)
                [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]

                AFAIK, 10.5 has these by default in
                </System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/>:
                2.3
                2.5
                Current -> 2.5

                Did you mean something else or am I confused?

                Best regards,
                Niklas

              • Xin Dong
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009

                  The error message is:
                  Error detected while processing function
                  <SNR>17_get_timeline..<SNR>17_run_curl..<SNR>17_python_curl:
                  Line 37:
                  Traceback (most recent call last):
                  File "<string>", line 18, in ?
                  File "<string>", line 8, in make_base64
                  AttributedError: 'module' object has no attribute 'b64encode'

                  I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                  (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

                  Thanks

                  On Jul 2, 12:17 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > On 01.07.2009, at 20:51, jordi collell wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hello, I have to append one question to this...
                  > > How to view error messages, that flash too quick?
                  >
                  > `:messages`. See `:h :messages`.
                  >
                  > > On 2 jul, 03:26, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:
                  > >> Hi,
                  >
                  > >> Recently I use TwitVim as my Twitter client, which is very
                  > >> convenient.
                  > >> I can use it in gvim under ubuntu, I can also use it using vim in Mac
                  > >> OS X, however, I can't use it under MacVim. The error message flashed
                  > >> very fast. I can see it is related to python module base64.
                  >
                  > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
                  > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
                  >
                  > Nico
                • Xin Dong
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                    Hi Steve,

                    Does your TwitVim use perl or python? I checked my vim version, it is
                    compiled without perl support.

                    Xin

                    On Jul 2, 10:52 am, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                    > On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:17 AM, Nico Weber wrote:
                    >
                    > > Can you send the output of `:messages`? Does TwitVim require python2.5
                    > > by chance? MacVim supports only python 2.4 at the moment.
                    >
                    > TwitVim 0.4.1 works for me with snapshot 45 on 10.5 PPC, using the
                    > following settings:
                    >
                    >      " credentials (base64)
                    >      let twitvim_login_b64 = "<my base64-encoded credentials here>"
                    >
                    >      " use native support
                    >      let twitvim_enable_perl = 1
                    >      let twitvim_enable_python = 1
                    >
                    > i turned on Perl support because i use the same .vimrc on other
                    > systems with Vims that have perl support.
                    >
                    > -steve
                    >
                    > --http://five.sentenc.es
                  • Steve Huff
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                      On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:

                      > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                      > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?

                      perhaps try setting

                      let twitvim_enable_python = 0

                      to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                      default)?

                      -steve

                      --
                      http://five.sentenc.es

                    • Xin Dong
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                        I now disabled python, the curl works. Thanks.

                        I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                        Anyone has any idea?

                        Xin

                        On Jul 2, 4:25 pm, Steve Huff <hakamad...@...> wrote:
                        > On Jul 2, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Xin Dong wrote:
                        >
                        > > I think the version of python is the cause of the problem. My system
                        > > (10.5) uses python 2.5.1. Is there any way to solve this problem?
                        >
                        > perhaps try setting
                        >
                        >         let twitvim_enable_python = 0
                        >
                        > to force TwitVim to use command-line curl (installed in OS X by
                        > default)?
                        >
                        > -steve
                        >
                        > --http://five.sentenc.es
                      • john mckenzie
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 7, 2010
                          On Jul 2 2009, 11:19 pm, Xin Dong <xdong...@...> wrote:

                          > I found another problem the "\g" to open the url is not working.
                          > Anyone has any idea?

                          In plain vim, I changed the value for let twitvim_browser_cmd to
                          'open' instead of "Firefox.exe" and this made it work. However it
                          clears the twitvim buffer seemingly irrevocably, so my entire timeline
                          disappears, and :RefreshTwitter etc. won't bring it back.

                          This does not work in MacVim at all however.

                          -- John