macvim default option

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2009
      hello,
      i'm new to macvim. I just installed it, and I was wondering how to set
      transparency, and how to set default options: I'd like, for example,
      to set default colors and tabs. I coulnd't find any .vimrc file.

      Thanks

    • Matrix Mole
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2009
        On Jun 28, 12:20 am, Bob <roberto.pagli...@...> wrote:
        > hello,
        > i'm new to macvim. I just installed it, and I was wondering how to set
        > transparency, and how to set default options: I'd like, for example,
        > to set default colors and tabs. I coulnd't find any .vimrc file.
        >
        > Thanks

        By default there is no .vimrc file usually. What you'll need to do is
        create this file manually. Just open a new buffer in macvim and after
        putting the options you want in there, just save it as ~/.vimrc and
        that should take care of it for you. The next time you open macvim
        those options will be in place.
      • Tim Hammerquist
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
          Matrix Mole <matrixm@...> wrote:

          On Jun 28, 12:20 am, Bob <roberto.pagli...@...> wrote:
          > hello,
          > i'm new to macvim. I just installed it, and I was wondering how to set
          > transparency, and how to set default options: I'd like, for example,
          > to set default colors and tabs. I coulnd't find any .vimrc file.
          >
          > Thanks

          By default there is no .vimrc file usually. What you'll need to do is
          create this file manually. Just open a new buffer in macvim and after
          putting the options you want in there, just save it as ~/.vimrc and
          that should take care of it for you. The next time you open macvim
          those options will be in place.

          Alternatively, you can save the current state of vim using :mkvimrc .  It will write out the current configuration information to ~/.vimrc for you.

          :he :mkvimrc

          HTH,
          Tim