Re: Vim Turns Into GVim And Freezes

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
      2009/6/18 Sorin Ionescu:

      > I am running the latest snapshot. Please build it for me and post it.
      > I do not have XCode installed.

      This is a Leopard/Intel only binary:

      http://bjorn.winckler.googlepages.com/MacVim-090618-debug.tbz

      Use it only for testing if this bug has been fixed.

    • Sorin Ionescu
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
        I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7 on Intel. It crashes immediately upon launch.

        Process: Vim [859]
        Identifier: Vim
        Version: ??? (???)
        Code Type: X86 (Native)
        Parent Process: MacVim [858]

        Interval Since Last Report: 121659 sec
        Crashes Since Last Report: 10
        Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
        Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 7

        Date/Time: 2009-06-18 13:38:46.824 -0400
        OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
        Report Version: 6
        Anonymous UUID: 65FACA0F-CFBC-43C7-B5C2-1E3B46432D5F

        Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
        Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
        Crashed Thread: 0

        Dyld Error Message:
        Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
        Referenced from: /Users/sorin/Downloads/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
        Reason: image not found

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
          2009/6/18 Sorin Ionescu <sorin.ionescu@...>:

          > I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7 on Intel. It crashes immediately upon launch.

          I accidentally linked it against a library that you don't have. This
          build will work better:

          http://bjorn.winckler.googlepages.com/MacVim-090618b-debug.tbz

        • Sorin Ionescu
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
            It launched. The bouncing icon is gone, but completion is now totally
            broken.
            Autocompletion doesn't work when I type the dot. And, If I type CTRL+X
            CTRL+V, I get rubbish.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
              2009/6/18 Sorin Ionescu:
              > It launched. The bouncing icon is gone, but completion is now totally
              > broken.
              > Autocompletion doesn't work when I type the dot. And, If I type CTRL+X
              > CTRL+V, I get rubbish.

              I only compiled with a minimal amount of features which is why things
              don't work. However, maybe the bug you experience depend on these
              extra features, so I've prepared another build that you can try:

              http://bjorn.winckler.googlepages.com/MacVim-090618c.tbz

              Let me know how that works,

            • Sorin Ionescu
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                Now, I'm getting completion, but a lot of stuff is missing from the
                completion output that I used to see when I had the bouncing icon. Do
                you compile it like a MacVim official release with everything
                necessary enabled? --vim-ruby

                Thank you

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                  2009/6/18 Sorin Ionescu:
                  > Now, I'm getting completion, but a lot of stuff is missing from the
                  > completion output that I used to see when I had the bouncing icon. Do
                  > you compile it like a MacVim official release with everything
                  > necessary enabled? --vim-ruby

                  Well, that satisfies me at least...it seems pretty certain that the
                  bouncing icon bug is fixed so you'll just have to wait for the next
                  snapshot to get a complete build.

                  Thanks for testing the builds,

                • Sorin Ionescu
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 18, 2009
                    Thank you,

                    That's okay. I'll wait if you can't build one.

                    Cheers