sidebar

  • mikhako
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2009
      Hi

      Is it possible to show tabbar as sidebar, like in gvim for MacOsx? It
      is pretty useful, becuase it can contain much more files, than usual
      bar.

      With best regards,

      Message 2 of 6 , May 22, 2009
        2009/5/22 mikhako:

        > Is it possible to show tabbar as sidebar, like in gvim for MacOsx? It
        > is pretty useful, becuase it can contain much more files, than usual
        > bar.

        Hi Mikhako,

        No it is not possible, but this has been requested in the past. Nico
        Weber implemented that feature for Carbon Vim (if I'm not mistaken),
        maybe someday he'll port this to MacVim. It would require quite a bit
        of work though so don't hold your breath.

      • Myroslav Rys
        Message 3 of 6 , May 22, 2009
          Hi,

          Sorry for misunderstanding.

          I'm asking about windows tab bar:

          Message 4 of 6 , May 22, 2009
            2009/5/23 Myroslav Rys:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Sorry for misunderstanding.
            >
            > I'm asking about windows tab bar:

            That is what I am talking about as well...I don't think there is any
            misunderstanding? (By the way, "Carbon Vim" is what I call the old
            port of gVim to Mac OS X.)

          • David Turetsky
            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2009
              Huh?

              That's what I routinely get in MacVim when I open multiple files

              I do this every day with the standard version... I rearrange their
              order... sometimes close one or the other

              Who's misunderstanding what?

              --
              David

              On May 22, 2009, at 7:45 PM, björn wrote:

              > 2009/5/23 Myroslav Rys:
              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> Sorry for misunderstanding.
              >>
              >> I'm asking about windows tab bar:
              >
              > That is what I am talking about as well...I don't think there is any
              > misunderstanding? (By the way, "Carbon Vim" is what I call the old
              > port of gVim to Mac OS X.)
              >
              > Björn

            • Brian McKee
              Message 6 of 6 , May 23, 2009
                On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 09:45 -0400, David Turetsky wrote:
                > Huh?
                >
                > That's what I routinely get in MacVim when I open multiple files

                I believe the OP wanted it vertically down the side - drawer style

                Brian