Re: Unmapping Command-T and friends

    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2009
      2009/5/21 Ted Pavlic:

      >>   if has("gui_macvim")
      >> I moved them into .gvimrc (without the "if has()" guard) and it works.
      >> Perhaps the guard doesn't work like I thought it did (ie. at the time
      >> the .vimrc is evaluated 'gui_macvim' hasn't been set yet).
      >
      > You can leave the guard turned on in your .gvimrc, and it will continue
      > to work.

      Ted is right. The reason why you cannot put :macmenu commands in
      .vimrc is that the MacVim-specific menus are set up in the system
      gvimrc and it is only sourced _after_ the user .vimrc -- hence any
      :macmenu commands in .vimrc will be clobbered.

      I'm going to try to make the documentation a bit clearer and try to
      make it easier to find out how exactly to remap <D-..>.