i_Ctrl-O in MacVim

  • Petro Verkhogliad
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2009

      i_Ctrl-O or ctrl-o in insert mode is supposed to let the user run a
      single normal mode command. Right now when I do ctrl-o in insert mode,
      a new line is created below the current line and the cursor is moved
      to the start of that line (as if i am in normal mode and pressed
      'o').

      The Changelog for MacVim says that this issue has been fixed, meaning
      that ctrl-o should allow me to run a single command in normal mode. I
      am wondering if this command is working properly for anyone right
      now.

      I am using MacVim Snapshot 45 on OS X 10.5.7. The MacVim updater says
      that my version is the most recent.

      Thanks,
      Petro
    • Kent Sibilev
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2009
        On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Petro Verkhogliad <vpetro@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > i_Ctrl-O or ctrl-o in insert mode is supposed to let the user run a
        > single normal mode command. Right now when I do ctrl-o in insert mode,
        > a new line is created below the current line and the cursor is moved
        > to the start of that line (as if i am in normal mode and pressed
        > 'o').
        >
        > The Changelog for MacVim says that this issue has been fixed, meaning
        > that ctrl-o should allow me to run a single command in normal mode. I
        > am wondering if this command is working properly for anyone right
        > now.
        >
        > I am using MacVim Snapshot 45 on OS X 10.5.7. The MacVim updater says
        > that my version is the most recent.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Petro

        Hm, it works fine for me. Make sure that none of your plugins
        overrides this mapping:

        :verbose imap <c-o>

      • Petro Verkhogliad
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2009
          On May 19, 2:28 pm, Kent Sibilev <ksr...@...> wrote:
          > On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Petro Verkhogliad <vpe...@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          >
          > > i_Ctrl-O or ctrl-o in insert mode is supposed to let the user run a
          > > single normal mode command. Right now when I do ctrl-o in insert mode,
          > > a new line is created below the current line and the cursor is moved
          > > to the start of that line (as if i am in normal mode and pressed
          > > 'o').
          >
          > > The Changelog for MacVim says that this issue has been fixed, meaning
          > > that ctrl-o should allow me to run a single command in normal mode. I
          > > am wondering if this command is working properly for anyone right
          > > now.
          >
          > > I am using MacVim Snapshot 45 on OS X 10.5.7. The MacVim updater says
          > > that my version is the most recent.
          >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Petro
          >
          > Hm, it works fine for me. Make sure that none of your plugins
          > overrides this mapping:
          >
          > :verbose imap <c-o>

          Ah, thank you. I was at fault here. I was checking :imap <ctrl-o> and
          vim said there was no maps defined. But checking the way you suggested
          pointed to the problem.

          Thanks,
          Petro