Re: :make fails

  • Skammer
    Message 1 of 9 , May 14, 2009
      > Are you the same person that started this thread or this another
      > report of the same problem (I can't tell from the email address)?

      No. I'm not mark.burge.

      > I still seems to me that this problem has something to do with your
      > setup.  Have you tried moving your .[g]vimrc files and .vim folder out
      > of the way to see if some setting/plugin is causing the problem?

      Yes, it was the first thing came to mind. Clean MacVim installation,
      with no plugins/vimrc produses this error:
      :!make 2>&1| tee /var/folders/19/19PQcERJFCCsvf1lsMFSuk+++TI/-Tmp-/
      v324113/1
      make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
      (1 of 1): make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

      This is how a working command looks like:
      :!make main 2>&1| tee /var/folders/19/19PQcERJFCCsvf1lsMFSuk+++TI/-
      Tmp-/v324387/1

      There is no Makefile, so a target is specified.
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 9 , May 14, 2009
        Are you using the stable version of MacVim, or the snapshot? If
        stable, can you try the snapshot? (If snapshot, try stable). We
        changed the forking logic after releasing the stable, perhaps that
        helped.

        Nico
      • Skammer
        Message 3 of 9 , May 14, 2009
          > Are you using the stable version of MacVim, or the snapshot? If
          > stable, can you try the snapshot? (If snapshot, try stable). We
          > changed the forking logic after releasing the stable, perhaps that
          > helped.
          I use the latest snapshot. I've tried to do make with stable version
          but it produces the same error.
          Message 4 of 9 , May 18, 2009
            2009/5/15 Skammer:

            >> Are you using the stable version of MacVim, or the snapshot? If
            >> stable, can you try the snapshot? (If snapshot, try stable). We
            >> changed the forking logic after releasing the stable, perhaps that
            >> helped.
            > I use the latest snapshot. I've tried to do make with stable version
            > but it produces the same error.

            I have two more things for you to try:

            1. Run in console mode by starting from Terminal using
            /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim

            2. Toggle the "login shell" option in advanced prefs

            Does either of these make any difference?

          • Skammer
            Message 5 of 9 , May 23, 2009
              > I have two more things for you to try:
              >
              > 1. Run in console mode by starting from Terminal using
              >     /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim

              Cmd-b simply doesn't work in Terminal. My custom mapped Control-b
              worked fine.

              > 2. Toggle the "login shell" option in advanced prefs

              Nothing changed.

              > Does either of these make any difference?

              I believe, as it keeps telling "No targets specified" no matter what I
              try, there is some error in make script toggled by Cmd-b.