Re: MacVim looks different when invoked as gvim

  • Patrick Peralta
    Message 1 of 12 , May 5, 2009
      Hi Björn,

      The workaround works as advertised. Thanks again, and let me know if you want me to try anything else in a future release.

      -Patrick

      On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 4:46 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

      > I saved the output and did a diff:
      >
      > $ diff terminal.txt iterm.txt
      > 12c12
      > < declare -x LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
      > ---
      >> declare -x LANG="en_US"
      > 30,31c30
      > < declare -x TERM_PROGRAM="Apple_Terminal"
      > < declare -x TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION="240"
      > ---
      >> declare -x TERM_PROGRAM="iTerm.app"
      >
      > Changing the default bookmark to a dark background doesn't seem to
      > make a difference for me (how odd!).

      Hmmm.  I seem to recall that Vim tries to "guess" if the background of
      the terminal window is dark or light on launch.  I am guessing that
      for some reason it always guesses "dark" in your case.  I'll have to
      take a look at the source code in order to understand what is going on
      but since this is not exactly a critical bug I'll do it later (it
      would be very helpful if you could try to take a look at this yourself
      since my terminal "behaves" so it may be harder for me to figure out
      where things go wrong).

      For now adding "set bg=light" or "set bg=dark" to ~/.gvimrc is the
      recommended workaround.

      Patrick Peralta
      http://www.blackbeanbag.net