Re: Windows port of MacVim?

  • graywh
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 10:18 AM
      On Apr 30, 9:33 am, Corcoran <kwcorco...@...> wrote:
      > 2.  Easy to customize minor graphical things (font, etc.) through a
      > menu, instead of Modifying a confusing .vimrc file.

      Most of the MacVim menus are identical to gvim, including the "select
      font..." item that brings up a dialog. Of course, the only way to
      save the font change is to make a vimrc. That's the same for MacVim,
      too.

      --
      graywh
    • R. Hicks
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6 2:28 PM
        On 4/25/09 10:09 PM, Corcoran wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I would love a port of MacVim for the Windows platform. This is a
        > little weird for obvious reasons, (am I requesting a port of a port?),
        > but to me, MacVim is far superior to the other flavors of vim, and I
        > would love a version of it that worked on my non-Mac machines. Any
        > chance of this happening? If not, is there a similar, Windows-
        > compatible alternative besides GVIM or Cream?

        What is wrong with Cream? It seems to try and integrate "more" into Windows.

        Robert