Re: bin/bash permission denied

  • David P. Henderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2009
      On 16 Apr 2009, at 19:35, devVim wrote:

      > I figured it out. Google :) For anyone who runs into this problem,
      > open up the terminal and enter chmod u+x file.rb
      >
      > This gives the u (user) permission to (x) execute then the name of the
      > file or directory your giving permission to execute.
      >
      > On Apr 8, 10:20 am, devVim <ruby...@...> wrote:
      >> I get the following error message when trying to execute a file.rb.
      >> bin/bash permission denied. Is there a way to fix this? I'm logged in
      >> as the root/admin user.
      >> FYI I'm using NerdTree to execute my file.

      That's just standard unix behavior. Any file which one wants to
      execute needs the executable bit set on it. Alternately one can also
      use the following form for interpreted script executables:
      interpreter_name script_name[.lang_ext] eg
      $ ruby file.rb

      Dave
      --
      "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or
      that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only

      --
      "Education is the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty."
      -- Mark Twain