vim 6.2.014 +python for OS X (Carbon)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2003
      I have compiled vim 6.2.014 for OS X (Carbon, Aqua interface).
      I have not yet tested the binary much. That's your job! Please help
      test this, so we can try to fix problems (if any) before the upcoming
      release of vim 6.2.

      New features:
      * Ben Fowler's fix for completion of directory names (include the trailing /) on
      the command line
      * a one-line shell script, gvim, to start the GUI vim from the command line
      * three more patches

      I have also posted all the files needed to compile this version. (Sorry
      it took so long.) Those who cannot use my binary because of different versions
      of Perl should now be able to compile their own copy without sifting through
      this list for patches.

      As always, you can find my binary at
      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
      If I messed anyhting up, let me know!

      --Benji Fisher
    • Emily Jackson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2003
        At 10:34 AM -0400 on 6/25/03, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > I have also posted all the files needed to compile this version. (Sorry
        >it took so long.) Those who cannot use my binary because of different
        >versions
        >of Perl should now be able to compile their own copy without sifting through
        >this list for patches.

        Will this work with OS X's stock install of python or do I need to install
        python using fink before I try building this version of vim?

        Thanks,

        Emily
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2003
          Emily Jackson wrote:
          > At 10:34 AM -0400 on 6/25/03, Benji Fisher wrote:
          >
          >> I have also posted all the files needed to compile this version. (Sorry
          >>it took so long.) Those who cannot use my binary because of different
          >>versions
          >>of Perl should now be able to compile their own copy without sifting through
          >>this list for patches.
          >

          > Will this work with OS X's stock install of python or do I need to install
          > python using fink before I try building this version of vim?

          Thanks for reminding me. If you want to compile with python support, you
          need the libpython library, so you should install python (or python-nox) from
          fink. (Not to suggest that Fink is the only way to install python, but that is
          how I did it...)

          --Benji Fisher