Re: Early Core Text renderer patch

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 5, 2009
      2009/3/31 Tom McNulty:

      > unstable, testing, experimental, volatile,  should all get the point
      > across. I have a hard time believing someone would complain about the
      > unstable branch lacking stability.

      I settled on "feat/" as it is short and sweet. :-)

      I've pushed the "feat/core-text" branch to the repo now and added a
      note stating that branches prefixed with "feat/" will be rebased
      against master. I might start using public "feat/" branches more
      liberally now so that people can see what I am working on at the
      moment (nothing apart from feat/core-text right now).

    • Nikola Knežević
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 6, 2009
        On 5 Apr 2009, at 16:00 , björn wrote:

        > I've pushed the "feat/core-text" branch to the repo now and added a
        > note stating that branches prefixed with "feat/" will be rebased
        > against master. I might start using public "feat/" branches more
        > liberally now so that people can see what I am working on at the
        > moment (nothing apart from feat/core-text right now).

        Hi Bjorn,

        thanks for this patch. MacVim feels much snappier now. There are some
        artifacts (like empty rectangles at the beginning of the line), but
        that's what you said is going to happen :)

        I had a problem during the first run, MacVim wouldn't honor Cmd+W, but
        after subsequent runs, everything is fine to that regard.

        Thanks,
        Nikola
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6, 2009
          2009/4/6 Nikola Knežević:

          > thanks for this patch. MacVim feels much snappier now. There are some
          > artifacts (like empty rectangles at the beginning of the line), but
          > that's what you said is going to happen :)

          I've pushed an update to feat/core-text branch which hopefully takes
          care of the most obnoxious drawing artifacts. If anybody tries it out
          be sure to let me know if things have improved and what problems are
          still there.

          > I had a problem during the first run, MacVim wouldn't honor Cmd+W, but
          > after subsequent runs, everything is fine to that regard.

          That's probably nothing to worry about, but let me know if it happens again.

        • Nikola Knežević
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 7, 2009
            On 6 Apr 2009, at 23:14 , björn wrote:

            >> thanks for this patch. MacVim feels much snappier now. There are some
            >> artifacts (like empty rectangles at the beginning of the line), but
            >> that's what you said is going to happen :)
            >
            > I've pushed an update to feat/core-text branch which hopefully takes
            > care of the most obnoxious drawing artifacts. If anybody tries it out
            > be sure to let me know if things have improved and what problems are
            > still there.

            Hi Bjorn,

            I'm not seeing any artifacts in the text area. I'm seeing something in
            the status line, though. I've attached a screen-shot. You'll notice a
            couple of pixels at the very beginning of the status line. Also, these
            is that dot before core/ in the file name. I didn't get the screen
            shot when I was editing another file ('click/elements'). Then I had
            'ilick/elements' printed in the status line.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 7, 2009
              2009/4/7 Nikola Knežević:

              > I'm not seeing any artifacts in the text area. I'm seeing something in
              > the status line, though. I've attached a screen-shot. You'll notice a
              > couple of pixels at the very beginning of the status line. Also, these
              > is that dot before core/ in the file name. I didn't get the screen
              > shot when I was editing another file ('click/elements'). Then I had
              > 'ilick/elements' printed in the status line.

              I noticed too that there are strange drawing issues when the left
              scrollbar is shown -- it seems to be the same problem you are seeing.
              I'll have a look at it.

              Thanks for the feedback,