Re: Problem opening files on network shares (WAS: MacVim.app - snapshot 40)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2009
      2009/4/3 björn:

      > I'm sorry that I haven't been able to fix this -- I've tried again to
      > reproduce the bug but for me it always works.  I also tried running
      > the server on Leopard and running the client on Tiger but I just can't
      > seem to get this to work at all -- I can't even connect to the server
      > from Tiger (the share pops up in Network but whenever I try to connect
      > it just beachballs...but then again my Tiger machine has problems).
      >
      > Can anybody help me debug this problem?  I'm afraid that's the only
      > way it is ever going to get fixed.

      Brian (McKee): could you do me a favor and try running snapshot 33,
      34, ... etc. to see when the problem you reported was introduced?
      With any luck I may be able to "guess" which commit introduced the bug
      from that information.

      Thanks,

    • Brian McKee
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2009
        On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 4:08 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        > Brian (McKee): could you do me a favor and try running snapshot 33,
        > 34, ... etc. to see when the problem you reported was introduced?
        > With any luck I may be able to "guess" which commit introduced the bug
        > from that information.

        Certainly - I'll have to wait until Monday though - I'm currently Mac
        less at home.

        It's somewhere between stable and 39

        I may also have a Leopard machine to try next week as well depending
        on how various things go at work. That may provide a little more info
        too.

        Brian