Re: Cursorline as line not shadow

  • Tobia Conforto
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2009
      björn wrote:
      > You can set the color with "guisp" (see ":h highlight-guisp" and ":h
      > underline"), so change those two lines to:
      >
      > :hi clear cursorline
      > :hi cursorline gui=underline guisp=yellow
      >
      > Please note that MacVim currently does not underline spaces

      To paint a more complete picture, this depends on whether you have
      enabled the ATSUI renderer in MacVim preferences (⌘,)
      - with ATSUI, the underline spans the whole window, but you can't set
      its color;
      - with the Cocoa renderer (meaning with ATSUI turned off) leading and
      trailing spaces aren't underlined, but you can set the underline color
      as mentioned by Björn.
      The new experimental Core Text renderer will probably have yet another
      feature set.

      What I was calling "excellent" is the ATSUI behaviour, where it
      displays a bright underline across the whole MacVim window!

      HTH
      Tobia
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2009
        2009/4/1 Tobia Conforto:

        >> You can set the color with "guisp" (see ":h highlight-guisp" and ":h
        >> underline"), so change those two lines to:
        >>
        >> :hi clear cursorline
        >> :hi cursorline gui=underline guisp=yellow
        >>
        >> Please note that MacVim currently does not underline spaces
        >
        > To paint a more complete picture, this depends on whether you have
        > enabled the ATSUI renderer in MacVim preferences (⌘,)
        > - with ATSUI, the underline spans the whole window, but you can't set
        > its color;

        Ok, I see this bug. I'll fix it straight away. (I didn't check
        whether ATSUI underlined spaces or not, thanks for pointing this out.)

        > - with the Cocoa renderer (meaning with ATSUI turned off) leading and
        > trailing spaces aren't underlined, but you can set the underline color
        > as mentioned by Björn.
        > The new experimental Core Text renderer will probably have yet another
        > feature set.

        It underlines spaces and setting "guisp" works.

      • Brian McKee
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2009
          On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Tobia Conforto <tobia.conforto@...> wrote:
          > What I was calling "excellent" is the ATSUI behaviour, where it
          > displays a bright underline across the whole MacVim window!

          I'll keep that in mind - I'm back on stable since I need the mount
          network shares via alias feature and the snapshots haven't got it....

          Brian