Re: Vim 6.2 build breaks for MacOSX

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2003
      At 9:23 Uhr -0500 2003-06-20, David C Black wrote:
      >I used to be able to build vim directly under MacOS X 10.2, but the
      >latest version won't build.

      Did you get any specific errors like
      - missing libraries?
      - unresolvable symbols?
      - compiler errors?

      Axel

      PS: I cc this to the vim-mac list, you may get better support there.
    • Ben Fowler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2003
        At 11:53 pm +0200 2003-06-21, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
        >At 9:23 Uhr -0500 2003-06-20, David C Black wrote:
        >>I used to be able to build vim directly under MacOS X 10.2, but the latest version won't build.
        >
        >Did you get any specific errors like
        >- missing libraries?
        >- unresolvable symbols?
        >- compiler errors?
        >
        >Axel
        >
        >PS: I cc this to the vim-mac list, you may get better support there.

        1. I have just checked out the 6.2.14 souces from CVS, and from the
        command line I could do

        ./configure
        make
        sudo make install

        with no problems.

        I could un-BinHex the os_mac.rsr.hqx file and build the os_mac project from within
        Project Builder.

        Do you have further information on 'won't build'?

        Ben

        Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114
      • David C Black
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2003
          I downloaded the tarball for 6.2 and was successful. I think my
          problem was using the CVS archive. Not sure how to specify the
          correct version. It seemed to download everything (maybe too much).

          At 12:02 AM +0100 6/23/03, you wrote:
          > At 11:53 pm +0200 2003-06-21, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
          >>At 9:23 Uhr -0500 2003-06-20, David C Black wrote:
          >>>I used to be able to build vim directly under MacOS X 10.2, but
          >>> the latest version won't build.
          >>
          >>Did you get any specific errors like
          >>- missing libraries?
          >>- unresolvable symbols?
          >>- compiler errors?
          >>
          >>Axel
          >>
          >>PS: I cc this to the vim-mac list, you may get better support there.
          >
          > 1. I have just checked out the 6.2.14 souces from CVS, and from the
          > command line I could do
          >
          > ./configure
          > make
          > sudo make install
          >
          > with no problems.
          >
          > I could un-BinHex the os_mac.rsr.hqx file and build the os_mac
          > project from within
          > Project Builder.
          >
          > Do you have further information on 'won't build'?
          >
          > Ben
          >
          > --
          > Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
          > If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible
          > for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver
          > this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message
          > and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately
          > if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email messages of this
          > kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that
          > do not relate to the official business of ewitness Limited shall be
          > understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
          >
          > eWitness Limited, Alpha House, Redvers Close, Lawnswood Business
          > Park, Leeds, LS16 6QY
          > Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114
        • Sven Guckes
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2003
            * David C Black <dcblack@...> [2003-06-23 10:48]:
            > I downloaded the tarball for 6.2 and was successful. I think my
            > problem was using the CVS archive. Not sure how to specify the
            > correct version. It seemed to download everything (maybe too much).

            [30+ lines fullquote including 13 lines of diclaimer deleted]

            folks - it is bad enough that some of you send to the list
            from work together with senseless disclaimers attached -
            but it is even worse sending the whole crap in fullquote as
            TOFU (text over, fullquote under) including the disclaimer.

            folks - tofu and disclaimers suck!

            i thought you guys were using an efficient editor -
            so, please, learn to use it and do some editing, ok?
            show everyone what you can do with vim to
            send proper messages to a mailing list!

            Sven

            --
            Sven Guckes guckes-edit-messages@...-berlin.de
            LEARN TO Please do not quote in full - I keep a mail log.