Re: macroman/latin-1 encoding

  • MURAOKA Taro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 20, 2003
      Thanks for your testing and test-file.

      > Being impatient, i tried your binary directly :-), but did not get
      > a nice result.
      >
      > :set encoding=MacRoman
      > :set fileencoding=latin-1
      > :r accents.latin1.test

      Please try these commands, with same binary:
      :set gfn=Courier:h12
      :set encoding=macroman
      :e ++enc=latin1 accents.latin1.test

      I hope it will bring better result for you.
      ----
      MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
    • The Shrubber
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 23, 2003
        > :set encoding=macroman
        > :e ++enc=latin1 accents.latin1.test

        This does work!

        Out of curiosity, why doesn't it work if i try the same thing with
        utf-8? It says "[not converted]".

        Thanks,

        (-S-)

        P.S still have not had time to try building the src
      • Axel Kielhorn
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 23, 2003
          At 22:37 Uhr +0900 2003-06-20, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
          >Thanks for your report.
          >
          >In my patch, there are some plugin files which have Japanese characters.
          >It may cause some troubles. Please remove those files and try again.
          >
          >Example commands to remove:
          > cd vim62/runtime/plugin
          > rm -f autodate.vim
          > rm -f cmdex.vim
          > rm -f dicwin.vim
          > rm -f format.vim
          > rm -f hz_ja.vim
          > rm -f scrnmode.vim
          > rm -f verifyenc.vim

          After removing these files everything works fine.
          But I'm surprised they caused problems. I instaled a Japanese user
          and tried to run your Vim in her account, but still no success, the
          menu appear and after that an endless beachball.

          I have still problems with Osaka-Mono, Osaka works but is unusable
          because it is not fixed width.

          Axel,
          who is very happy that the shortcuts are the same in Japanese MacOS,
          otherwise I would still be trying to log out.