add new words to the dictionary

  • mircea lungu
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2009
      hey guys,

      how do i add words to a custom dictionary so they are not highlighted
      when I do a spellcheck in macvim?

      thanks,
      m.

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2009

        > how do i add words to a custom dictionary so they are not highlighted
        > when I do a spellcheck in macvim?

        see `:h spell`. zg marks a word as good. In addition to what is listed
        in the help, in Macvim ⌘: shows a list of corrections and ⌘; jumps
        to the next error.

        Nico
      • Brian McKee
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2009
          On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:
          >> how do i add words to a custom dictionary so they are not highlighted
          >> when I do a spellcheck in macvim?

          > see `:h spell`. zg marks a word as good. In addition to what is listed
          > in the help, in Macvim ⌘: shows a list of corrections and ⌘; jumps
          > to the next error.

          Nifty! I didn't know about those two!

          How can I get a list of all the ⌘ related shortcuts?

          Brian

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27, 2009
            >> see `:h spell`. zg marks a word as good. In addition to what is
            >> listed
            >> in the help, in Macvim ⌘: shows a list of corrections and ⌘;
            >> jumps
            >> to the next error.
            >
            > Nifty! I didn't know about those two!
            >
            > How can I get a list of all the ⌘ related shortcuts?

            Either go through all the menus (the spelling shortcuts are in Tools-
            >Spelling for example), or do `:e $VIM/gvimrc` and look at the end of
            that file.

            Nico