Character + Line Count, Bottom Right Corner

  • garfield
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26 2:43 PM
      Hello, I'm looking to add a character and line count that come by
      default in the vim editor in terminal. For reference, the bottom of my
      vi editor in terminal looks like http://is.gd/p8TJ and the bottom of
      my Macvim Editor looks like http://is.gd/p8U2

      All I would like to do is have the character / line count at the
      bottom right corner of the MacVim editor. Is this at all possible? Any
      help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26 3:12 PM
        2009/3/26 garfield:

        > Hello, I'm looking to add a character and line count that come by
        > default in the vim editor in terminal. For reference, the bottom of my
        > vi editor in terminal looks like http://is.gd/p8TJ and the bottom of
        > my Macvim Editor looks like http://is.gd/p8U2
        >
        > All I would like to do is have the character / line count at the
        > bottom right corner of the MacVim editor. Is this at all possible? Any
        > help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

        The option you are looking for is 'ruler'. Try entering ":set ruler"
        to show the ruler (see ":h 'ruler'" for more information). Then you
        might want to add "set ruler" to your ~/.vimrc file so that you don't
        have to enter it every time you open a new window (see ":h
        vimrc-intro").

      • garfield
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26 6:30 PM
          Thank you very much for your help :) I couldn't find anything about it
          on Google!