Re: macroman/latin-1 encoding

  • The Shrubber
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 20, 2003
      sorry... test files attached

      On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 18:18:40 +0200, Eric Y. Kow wrote:
      > If it helps, i have attached test files, who should display in
      > Carbon Vim exactly as terminal and gvim.
    • MURAOKA Taro
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 20, 2003
        Thanks for your testing and test-file.

        > Being impatient, i tried your binary directly :-), but did not get
        > a nice result.
        >
        > :set encoding=MacRoman
        > :set fileencoding=latin-1
        > :r accents.latin1.test

        Please try these commands, with same binary:
        :set gfn=Courier:h12
        :set encoding=macroman
        :e ++enc=latin1 accents.latin1.test

        I hope it will bring better result for you.
        ----
        MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
      • The Shrubber
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 23, 2003
          > :set encoding=macroman
          > :e ++enc=latin1 accents.latin1.test

          This does work!

          Out of curiosity, why doesn't it work if i try the same thing with
          utf-8? It says "[not converted]".

          Thanks,

          (-S-)

          P.S still have not had time to try building the src
        • Axel Kielhorn
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 23, 2003
            At 22:37 Uhr +0900 2003-06-20, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
            >Thanks for your report.
            >
            >In my patch, there are some plugin files which have Japanese characters.
            >It may cause some troubles. Please remove those files and try again.
            >
            >Example commands to remove:
            > cd vim62/runtime/plugin
            > rm -f autodate.vim
            > rm -f cmdex.vim
            > rm -f dicwin.vim
            > rm -f format.vim
            > rm -f hz_ja.vim
            > rm -f scrnmode.vim
            > rm -f verifyenc.vim

            After removing these files everything works fine.
            But I'm surprised they caused problems. I instaled a Japanese user
            and tried to run your Vim in her account, but still no success, the
            menu appear and after that an endless beachball.

            I have still problems with Osaka-Mono, Osaka works but is unusable
            because it is not fixed width.

            Axel,
            who is very happy that the shortcuts are the same in Japanese MacOS,
            otherwise I would still be trying to log out.