Re: map command key

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2009
      >2009/3/24 Kyle Lippincott:
      > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Ruby185 wrote:
      >>
      >> I want to map Command key plus left arrow and right arrow to open left
      >> and right tabs by:
      >>
      >> map <M-LEFT> <ESC>:tabp<CR>
      >> map <M-RIGHT> <ESC>:tabn<CR>
      >>
      >> but it has no effect, though replace M with C for control works.
      >>
      >> Any idea why it doesn't work for command key?
      > Command is D, so you want <D-Left> and <D-Right>. M- is supposed to be for
      > alt/option, but it doesn't appear to work for me.

      May I also suggest that you change your mapping to remap the
      corresponding menu item instead of using :map. This is covered in the
      help file, see ":h macvim|/D-Left" which says:

      :macm Window.Previous\ Tab key=<D-Left>
      :macm Window.Next\ Tab key=<D-Right>

      As for Kyle's problem with mapping to M-; this was fixed not too long
      ago. You must ":set macmeta" before you can map to <M-..>, see ":h
      'macmeta'".