Re: Snapshot 43 - Python syntax highlighting weirdness

  • Zvezdan Petkovic
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 23, 2009
      On Mar 22, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I just uploaded the current version of runtime files.

      I'm sorry for being too busy to keep up with this thread.
      I mentioned previously that I have an improved python syntax file.
      Since Bram is also following the thread this is a good opportunity to
      get his attention too.

      I communicated with Neil (the current maintainer) and sent him my new
      python syntax file. He agrees that we should get it to other people
      to try.

      I and several other people use this syntax file for about two years
      already on large professional Zope applications that use all features
      of Python and doctests. The fixes and improvements are described
      extensively in the comments of the file itself.

      I'm attaching it here, although I do plan to open an account on
      vim.org and put it there (perhaps some other goodies too :-)

      Save it as ~/.vim/syntax/python.vim and give it a try.

      Zvezdan