Drawing problem in svn gvim

  • Ritesh Sood
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2009
      Hi all,

      Please take a look at these screenshots of (g)vim that I've built from
      svn on my intel mac.

      http://picasaweb.google.com/riteshsood/MacOSX?feat=directlink

      As you can see, there are drawing problems in gui vim. I've tried
      changing colorschemes and also
      :set nomacatsui
      but no effect.

      The font is nicely antialiased though, which makes me very happy :).
      Also, why are there so fewer digraphs in the gui vim, compared to the
      terminal one? version shows +multi_byte alright.

      The same code when built on my ppc Powerbook G4 doesn't have the
      drawing issue. any clues?

      Ritesh

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2009
        Hi Ritesh,

        On 20.03.2009, at 19:03, Ritesh Sood wrote:

        > Please take a look at these screenshots of (g)vim that I've built from
        > svn on my intel mac.
        >
        > http://picasaweb.google.com/riteshsood/MacOSX?feat=directlink

        I recommend using http://code.google.com/p/macvim . The old Carbon
        port of vim that you seem to be using is not maintained by anyone.

        > The font is nicely antialiased though, which makes me very happy :).
        > Also, why are there so fewer digraphs in the gui vim, compared to the
        > terminal one? version shows +multi_byte alright.

        MacVim has great font support, so the digraphs should look fine.

        Nico