Re: Keep working line in center of window

  • Jeremy Conlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2009
      On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM, apollolune <apollolune@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      You might want to add this to your .vimrc :

      map <Leader>zz  :let &scrolloff=999-&scrolloff<CR>

      Briefly :
      zz : your working line to the center of the window
      <Leader>zz : your working line to the center of the window, always
      Leader>zz (again) : go back to usual scrolling

      Just setting scrolloff to a large number will do the trick (as it says in the help).  Thanks for the guidance.

      I'm still curious if there is a simpler command that does the same thing.  I know I couldn't have done this accidently.

      Thanks,
      Jeremy