Re: Vim-LaTeX and F9 completion

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 10:07 AM
      2009/3/8 d.avitabile:

      > I have posted this thread on the Vim-LaTeX mailing list and received
      > no answer, so I have decided to try here. I do not know whether my
      > problem is an incompatibility between MacVim and Vim-LaTeX or not.
      >
      > When I try to use F9 for completion, something weird happens. I am
      > prompted correctly with all the possibile choices for the labels. Also
      > the outline (or preview) is shown correctly. When I press ENTER to
      > select one, though, I am brought back to the document I was editing,
      > in the correct place, but the completion hasn't happened.
      >
      > Does F9 completion work for you?

      I've never used this before so I had to read the docs on what it is
      supposed to do, but as far as I can tell F9 works fine for me. I
      enter some text, e.g.

      A reference \ref{sec:

      and hit F9 and a new window called "__OUTLINE__" opens up. However,
      everything in this window has been folded so I first unfold the lines
      and then move the cursor to a line containing e.g. "sec:approx" and
      hit ENTER. After this the "outline" window closes and the line I
      started entering reads

      A reference \ref{sec:approx}

      If that doesn't work for you I am guessing something is wrong in your
      [g]vimrc files. Try removing all lines except the ones needed for the
      latex-suite ("set filetype plugin indent" is probably all you need)
      and see if that works.