Re: macroman/latin-1 encoding
- Le jeudi, 19 juin 2003, à 18:40 Europe/Paris, The Shrubber a écrit :
> Not to be a pain, but is there any progress on getting the encodingI consider this as completely desperate... I'm even thinking about
> bug fixed?
writing my own Cocoa vim-like text editor...
> Yes, i know i could always use gvim, but the mac one is nicer.Maybe we could hope to switch to kvim, now that Qt is announced to be
GPL'ed on OSX.
- I have newer patches. In it, iconv emulation is improved. But it
includes all my experimental features and Japanese document only. If
you want to try it, it availables at here:
1. Extract vim's archives, src, rt, extra, and lang.
2. Apply all official patches 001-014.
3. Extract my files and directories
ex. bzip2 -cd vim-6.2.014-difj.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
4. Copy them to vim62 directory.
ex. cd vim-6.2.014-difj/ ; cp -Rp * ../vim62/
4. Apply my patch.
ex. cd vim62/ ; patch -p0 < diffs/kaoriya.diff
ex. cd vim62/src ; make -f Make_osx.mak
ex. cd vim62/src ; ./gvim.app/Contents/MacOS/gvim
I have compiled binary too. But vimrc and gvimrc have be tuned for Japanese.
If you want to test instantly, please use this.
MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
> Not to be a pain, but is there any progress on getting the encoding bug fixed?
> I notice that MURAOKA Taro's patch which enables :set encoding=MacRoman is not the newest release, but this may not be related.
> Yes, i know i could always use gvim, but the mac one is nicer.
- At 2:54 AM +0900 on 6/20/03, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
>I have newer patches. In it, iconv emulation is improved. But itI tried building vim 6.2 using these files, but the application crashes on
>includes all my experimental features and Japanese document only. If
>you want to try it, it availables at here:
Date/Time: 2003-06-20 07:33:12 -0500
OS Version: 10.2.6 (Build 6L60)
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x01543000
Thread 0 Crashed:
#0 0x0009bd4c in iconv_string
#1 0x0009c184 in string_convert
#2 0x000359e4 in getsourceline
#3 0x0003a150 in do_cmdline
#4 0x00035694 in do_source
#5 0x00034f30 in do_in_runtimepath
#6 0x0006f88c in main
#7 0x00002124 in _start (crt.c:267)
#8 0x00001fa4 in start
PPC Thread State:
srr0: 0x0009bd4c srr1: 0x0000d930 vrsave: 0x00000000
xer: 0x20000000 lr: 0x0009bd38 ctr: 0x90003da0 mq: 0x00000000
r0: 0x00000002 r1: 0xbffff720 r2: 0x00f5a3dc r3: 0x0011b8dc
r4: 0x00f352e0 r5: 0x00000001 r6: 0x00000001 r7: 0x00000000
r8: 0x00189010 r9: 0x01543000 r10: 0x00189290 r11: 0x00000000
r12: 0x88042444 r13: 0x00000000 r14: 0xbffffaa0 r15: 0x00114edc
r16: 0x00120000 r17: 0x00000000 r18: 0x00114ebc r19: 0xbffffba0
r20: 0x00114ee0 r21: 0x00000007 r22: 0x00114ed0 r23: 0x001150d8
r24: 0x00000000 r25: 0x00115004 r26: 0x00114ff8 r27: 0x00f594d0
r28: 0x00000092 r29: 0x01503920 r30: 0x0003f6e0 r31: 0x0000003f
I am unable to use the 6.2 binary from the MacVim site because I have perl
- At 19:07 Uhr +0200 2003-06-19, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
>Maybe we could hope to switch to kvim, now that Qt is announced toWhy don't you use GTK-Vim on MacOX. There is a native GTK for Carbon:
>be GPL'ed on OSX.
- Thanks for your report.
In my patch, there are some plugin files which have Japanese characters.
It may cause some troubles. Please remove those files and try again.
Example commands to remove:
rm -f autodate.vim
rm -f cmdex.vim
rm -f dicwin.vim
rm -f format.vim
rm -f hz_ja.vim
rm -f scrnmode.vim
rm -f verifyenc.vim
MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
> I tried building vim 6.2 using these files, but the application crashes on
Being impatient, i tried your binary directly :-), but did not get
a nice result.
If it helps, i have attached test files, who should display in
Carbon Vim exactly as terminal and gvim.
Oh well. Hopefully you folks will get this one figured out eventually.
P.S in case this helps any european latex users,
my temporary solution is
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:54:20 +0900, MURAOKA Taro koron-at-tka.att.ne.jp |vim-mac@.../1.0-Allow| wrote:
> I have newer patches. In it, iconv emulation is improved. But it
> includes all my experimental features and Japanese document only. If
> you want to try it, it availables at here:
- Thanks for your testing and test-file.
> Being impatient, i tried your binary directly :-), but did not getPlease try these commands, with same binary:
> a nice result.
> :set encoding=MacRoman
> :set fileencoding=latin-1
> :r accents.latin1.test
:e ++enc=latin1 accents.latin1.test
I hope it will bring better result for you.
MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
> :set encoding=macromanThis does work!
> :e ++enc=latin1 accents.latin1.test
Out of curiosity, why doesn't it work if i try the same thing with
utf-8? It says "[not converted]".
P.S still have not had time to try building the src
- At 22:37 Uhr +0900 2003-06-20, MURAOKA Taro wrote:
>Thanks for your report.After removing these files everything works fine.
>In my patch, there are some plugin files which have Japanese characters.
>It may cause some troubles. Please remove those files and try again.
>Example commands to remove:
> cd vim62/runtime/plugin
> rm -f autodate.vim
> rm -f cmdex.vim
> rm -f dicwin.vim
> rm -f format.vim
> rm -f hz_ja.vim
> rm -f scrnmode.vim
> rm -f verifyenc.vim
But I'm surprised they caused problems. I instaled a Japanese user
and tried to run your Vim in her account, but still no success, the
menu appear and after that an endless beachball.
I have still problems with Osaka-Mono, Osaka works but is unusable
because it is not fixed width.
who is very happy that the shortcuts are the same in Japanese MacOS,
otherwise I would still be trying to log out.