Re: Problem building snapshot 43 +python

  • dacresni
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 2009
      is the build script in the git repo?

      On Mar 3, 5:03 pm, expora <exp...@...> wrote:
      > Thank you for your help Björn.
      >
      > I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
      > because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
      > 2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
      > I'll use it for a while before building again.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Edwin.

      > > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
      > > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
      >
      > > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
      > > > know better :)
      >
      > > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
      > > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
      > > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
      >
      > > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
      > > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
      > > :-/
      >
      > > Björn
    • expora
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 18, 2009
        It seems I've got it...

        The problem appeared to be with my Python 3.0 installation, indeed.
        I found two dirs for the Python framework:

        A) /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
        Contains dirs 2.3, 2.5 and a symlink to 2.5 named Current.

        B) /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
        Contains dir 3.0 and a symlink "Current" pointing to 3.0.

        So I tried changing the "Current" symlink in location B to point to
        dir "2.5" in location A and...

        ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

        I hope I'm not breaking anything :)

        Cheers,