Re: Snapshot 43 - Python syntax highlighting weirdness

  • R. Hicks
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3, 2009
      On 3/2/09 1:26 AM, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
      > On Mar 1, 2009, at 2:15 PM, R. Hicks wrote:
      >> In the meantime can you put in on the Vim site or something so we can
      >> all taste its goodness?
      >
      > I definitely can.
      > However, I'd like to hear back from the current maintainer.
      > I just sent him the file and asked him how does he want to proceed.

      If you release it on the vim site you can just say "alternative" and be
      done with it. :-)

      Up to you, respect whatever you decide.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 22, 2009
        2009/3/1 Matt Tolton <matt@...>:

        > It's a bug in the python syntax file.  If you add "contained" to the
        > pythonDecoratorName syntax item then it fixes it.  I emailed the
        > maintainer and he fixed it, so it will probably be fixed the next time
        > bjorn updates the runtime files.

        I've been waiting and waiting for that update to the Python runtime
        file but it still hasn't happened (I just updated the runtime files
        again today). Matt: did the maintainer actually send the new runtime
        file to Bram for inclusion into Vim? Do you mind nudging him again
        perhaps?

        I'm willing to release a new snapshot if we get this issue resolved.

      • Matt Tolton
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 22, 2009
          I was CC'd on a patch that fixed it. I just pinged back on that
          thread to both the maintainer and Bram, asking for a status update.

          On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 5:10 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

          > 2009/3/1 Matt Tolton <matt@...>:
          >>
          >> It's a bug in the python syntax file.  If you add "contained" to the
          >> pythonDecoratorName syntax item then it fixes it.  I emailed the
          >> maintainer and he fixed it, so it will probably be fixed the next time
          >> bjorn updates the runtime files.
          >
          > I've been waiting and waiting for that update to the Python runtime
          > file but it still hasn't happened (I just updated the runtime files
          > again today).  Matt: did the maintainer actually send the new runtime
          > file to Bram for inclusion into Vim?  Do you mind nudging him again
          > perhaps?
          >
          > I'm willing to release a new snapshot if we get this issue resolved.
          >
          > Björn

        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 22, 2009
            Bjorn Winckler wrote:

            > 2009/3/1 Matt Tolton <matt@...>:
            > >
            > > It's a bug in the python syntax file. =A0If you add "contained" to the
            > > pythonDecoratorName syntax item then it fixes it. =A0I emailed the
            > > maintainer and he fixed it, so it will probably be fixed the next time
            > > bjorn updates the runtime files.
            >
            > I've been waiting and waiting for that update to the Python runtime
            > file but it still hasn't happened (I just updated the runtime files
            > again today). Matt: did the maintainer actually send the new runtime
            > file to Bram for inclusion into Vim? Do you mind nudging him again
            > perhaps?
            >
            > I'm willing to release a new snapshot if we get this issue resolved.

            I just uploaded the current version of runtime files.

            255. You work for a newspaper and your editor asks you to write an
            article about Internet addiction...in the "first person."

          • Zvezdan Petkovic
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 23, 2009
              On Mar 22, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

              > I just uploaded the current version of runtime files.

              I'm sorry for being too busy to keep up with this thread.
              I mentioned previously that I have an improved python syntax file.
              Since Bram is also following the thread this is a good opportunity to
              get his attention too.

              I communicated with Neil (the current maintainer) and sent him my new
              python syntax file. He agrees that we should get it to other people
              to try.

              I and several other people use this syntax file for about two years
              already on large professional Zope applications that use all features
              of Python and doctests. The fixes and improvements are described
              extensively in the comments of the file itself.

              I'm attaching it here, although I do plan to open an account on
              vim.org and put it there (perhaps some other goodies too :-)

              Save it as ~/.vim/syntax/python.vim and give it a try.

              Zvezdan