Re: Problem building snapshot 43 +python

  • expora
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
      > > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.
      >
      > I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
      > binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
      > and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
      > compile.

      Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
      software like gcc, autoconf and so.

      Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
      know better :)

      declare -x Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render="/tmp/launch-8VEtPb/Render"
      declare -x CLASSPATH=".:/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
      Resources/Java/core.jar:/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
      Resources/Java/libraries/video/library/video.jar:/Applications/
      Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/pde.jar:/Applications/
      Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/quaqua.jar:/Applications/
      Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jna.jar:/Applications/
      Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/antlr.jar:/Applications/
      Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ecj.jar"
      declare -x COMMAND_MODE="unix2003"
      declare -x DISPLAY="/tmp/launch-6T95cQ/:0"
      declare -x HISTCONTROL="ignoreboth:erasedups"
      declare -x HISTIGNORE="??:vim:emacs"
      declare -x HISTSIZE="5000"
      declare -x HISTTIMEFORMAT="%F %T "
      declare -x HOME="/Users/Notochord"
      declare -x LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
      declare -x LESS="-X"
      declare -x LOGNAME="Notochord"
      declare -x MANPATH="/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/X11/man:/
      usr/local/man:/usr/local/mysql/share/man"
      declare -x NAME="Edwin B."
      declare -x OLDPWD
      declare -x PATH="/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/
      bin:/usr/local/AllegroCL:/usr/local/flex_sdk_3/bin"
      declare -x PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/
      pkgconfig"
      declare -x PROCESSING_DIR="/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
      Resources/Java"
      declare -x PS1="\\h:\\w \$ "
      declare -x PWD="/Users/Notochord"
      declare -x SECURITYSESSIONID="88fd10"
      declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
      declare -x SHLVL="1"
      declare -x SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/tmp/launch-CTq0W5/Listeners"
      declare -x TERM="xterm-color"
      declare -x TERM_PROGRAM="Apple_Terminal"
      declare -x TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION="240"
      declare -x TMPDIR="/var/folders/KV/KV9EAlhoGfO55ttbSSpbR++++TI/-Tmp-/"
      declare -x USER="Notochord"
      declare -x __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING="0x1F5:0:0"
      declare -x editor="Vim"

      Thanks!

      Edwin.
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
        2009/3/3 expora:

        >> > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.
        >>
        >> I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
        >> binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
        >> and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
        >> compile.
        >
        > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
        > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
        >
        > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
        > know better :)

        Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either. Could you by any
        chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
        problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?

        Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue? I am not
        really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
        :-/

      • expora
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          Thank you for your help Björn.

          I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
          because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
          2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
          I'll use it for a while before building again.

          Thanks!

          Edwin.

          On Mar 3, 3:59 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

          > >> I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
          > >> binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
          > >> and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
          > >> compile.
          >
          > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
          > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
          >
          > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
          > > know better :)
          >
          > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
          > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
          > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
          >
          > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
          > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
          > :-/
          >
          > Björn
        • dacresni
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 4, 2009
            is the build script in the git repo?

            On Mar 3, 5:03 pm, expora <exp...@...> wrote:
            > Thank you for your help Björn.
            >
            > I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
            > because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
            > 2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
            > I'll use it for a while before building again.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Edwin.

            > > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
            > > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
            >
            > > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
            > > > know better :)
            >
            > > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
            > > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
            > > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
            >
            > > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
            > > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
            > > :-/
            >
            > > Björn
          • expora
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 18, 2009
              It seems I've got it...

              The problem appeared to be with my Python 3.0 installation, indeed.
              I found two dirs for the Python framework:

              A) /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
              Contains dirs 2.3, 2.5 and a symlink to 2.5 named Current.

              B) /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
              Contains dir 3.0 and a symlink "Current" pointing to 3.0.

              So I tried changing the "Current" symlink in location B to point to
              dir "2.5" in location A and...

              ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

              I hope I'm not breaking anything :)

              Cheers,