Re: Problem building snapshot 43 +python

  • expora
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
      Bad luck with that one :(

      Same errors... should I skip this version? Don't want to ;) I love the
      program.

      Does this sound like a bug or is it just a particular case?

      Man I wish I knew a bit more about the compiling process and GNU
      software.

      Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.

      Cheers,

      Edwin.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
        2009/3/2 expora <expora@...>:

        > Bad luck with that one :(
        >
        > Same errors... should I skip this version? Don't want to ;) I love the
        > program.
        >
        > Does this sound like a bug or is it just a particular case?

        No, its got something to do with your setup.

        > Man I wish I knew a bit more about the compiling process and GNU
        > software.

        I feel the same way! ;-)

        > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.

        I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
        binary. The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
        and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
        compile.

        Can you open Terminal and type "export" and paste the output?

      • expora
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          > > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.
          >
          > I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
          > binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
          > and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
          > compile.

          Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
          software like gcc, autoconf and so.

          Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
          know better :)

          declare -x Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render="/tmp/launch-8VEtPb/Render"
          declare -x CLASSPATH=".:/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
          Resources/Java/core.jar:/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
          Resources/Java/libraries/video/library/video.jar:/Applications/
          Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/pde.jar:/Applications/
          Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/quaqua.jar:/Applications/
          Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jna.jar:/Applications/
          Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/antlr.jar:/Applications/
          Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ecj.jar"
          declare -x COMMAND_MODE="unix2003"
          declare -x DISPLAY="/tmp/launch-6T95cQ/:0"
          declare -x HISTCONTROL="ignoreboth:erasedups"
          declare -x HISTIGNORE="??:vim:emacs"
          declare -x HISTSIZE="5000"
          declare -x HISTTIMEFORMAT="%F %T "
          declare -x HOME="/Users/Notochord"
          declare -x LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
          declare -x LESS="-X"
          declare -x LOGNAME="Notochord"
          declare -x MANPATH="/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/X11/man:/
          usr/local/man:/usr/local/mysql/share/man"
          declare -x NAME="Edwin B."
          declare -x OLDPWD
          declare -x PATH="/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/
          bin:/usr/local/AllegroCL:/usr/local/flex_sdk_3/bin"
          declare -x PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/
          pkgconfig"
          declare -x PROCESSING_DIR="/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
          Resources/Java"
          declare -x PS1="\\h:\\w \$ "
          declare -x PWD="/Users/Notochord"
          declare -x SECURITYSESSIONID="88fd10"
          declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
          declare -x SHLVL="1"
          declare -x SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/tmp/launch-CTq0W5/Listeners"
          declare -x TERM="xterm-color"
          declare -x TERM_PROGRAM="Apple_Terminal"
          declare -x TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION="240"
          declare -x TMPDIR="/var/folders/KV/KV9EAlhoGfO55ttbSSpbR++++TI/-Tmp-/"
          declare -x USER="Notochord"
          declare -x __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING="0x1F5:0:0"
          declare -x editor="Vim"

          Thanks!

          Edwin.
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
            2009/3/3 expora:

            >> > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.
            >>
            >> I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
            >> binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
            >> and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
            >> compile.
            >
            > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
            > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
            >
            > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
            > know better :)

            Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either. Could you by any
            chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
            problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?

            Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue? I am not
            really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
            :-/

          • expora
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
              Thank you for your help Björn.

              I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
              because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
              2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
              I'll use it for a while before building again.

              Thanks!

              Edwin.

              On Mar 3, 3:59 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

              > >> I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
              > >> binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
              > >> and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
              > >> compile.
              >
              > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
              > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
              >
              > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
              > > know better :)
              >
              > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
              > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
              > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
              >
              > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
              > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
              > :-/
              >
              > Björn
            • dacresni
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 4, 2009
                is the build script in the git repo?

                On Mar 3, 5:03 pm, expora <exp...@...> wrote:
                > Thank you for your help Björn.
                >
                > I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
                > because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
                > 2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
                > I'll use it for a while before building again.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Edwin.

                > > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
                > > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
                >
                > > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
                > > > know better :)
                >
                > > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
                > > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
                > > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
                >
                > > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
                > > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
                > > :-/
                >
                > > Björn
              • expora
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 18, 2009
                  It seems I've got it...

                  The problem appeared to be with my Python 3.0 installation, indeed.
                  I found two dirs for the Python framework:

                  A) /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
                  Contains dirs 2.3, 2.5 and a symlink to 2.5 named Current.

                  B) /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
                  Contains dir 3.0 and a symlink "Current" pointing to 3.0.

                  So I tried changing the "Current" symlink in location B to point to
                  dir "2.5" in location A and...

                  ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

                  I hope I'm not breaking anything :)

                  Cheers,