Re: Problem building snapshot 43 +python

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
      2009/3/2 expora:

      > Hi Björn,
      >
      > Thanks for your response.
      >
      > I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.6 and Python default installation.
      > I installed another Python (3.0) but didn't replace the default
      > installation so I guess it doesn't matter.
      >
      > Here's the PYTHON part in my src/auto/config.mk
      >
      > PYTHON_SRC      = if_python.c
      > PYTHON_OBJ      = objects/if_python.o
      > PYTHON_CFLAGS   = -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
      > 2.5/include/python2.5
      > PYTHON_LIBS     = -framework Python
      > PYTHON_CONFDIR  = /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
      > 2.5/lib/python2.5/config
      > PYTHON_GETPATH_CFLAGS = -DPYTHONPATH='":/System/Library/Frameworks/
      > Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python25.zip:/System/Library/
      > Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5:/System/Library/
      > Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/plat-darwin:/
      > System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/
      > plat-mac:/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
      > python2.5/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages:/System/Library/Frameworks/
      > Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python:/System/Library/
      > Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk:/System/
      > Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-
      > dynload:/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages:/System/Library/Frameworks/
      > Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/PyObjC"' -DPREFIX='"/
      > System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5"' -
      > DEXEC_PREFIX='"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
      > 2.5"'

      Hmmm...everything looks right so I don't know exactly what to do. One
      thing you could try is to open up src/if_python.c and change the line

      #include <Python.h>

      #include <Python/Python.h>

      just to see if that makes any difference.

    • expora
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2009
        Bad luck with that one :(

        Same errors... should I skip this version? Don't want to ;) I love the
        program.

        Does this sound like a bug or is it just a particular case?

        Man I wish I knew a bit more about the compiling process and GNU
        software.

        Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.

        Cheers,

        Edwin.

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
          2009/3/2 expora <expora@...>:

          > Bad luck with that one :(
          >
          > Same errors... should I skip this version? Don't want to ;) I love the
          > program.
          >
          > Does this sound like a bug or is it just a particular case?

          No, its got something to do with your setup.

          > Man I wish I knew a bit more about the compiling process and GNU
          > software.

          I feel the same way! ;-)

          > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.

          I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
          binary. The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
          and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
          compile.

          Can you open Terminal and type "export" and paste the output?

        • expora
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
            > > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.
            >
            > I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
            > binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
            > and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
            > compile.

            Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
            software like gcc, autoconf and so.

            Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
            know better :)

            declare -x Apple_PubSub_Socket_Render="/tmp/launch-8VEtPb/Render"
            declare -x CLASSPATH=".:/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
            Resources/Java/core.jar:/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
            Resources/Java/libraries/video/library/video.jar:/Applications/
            Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/pde.jar:/Applications/
            Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/quaqua.jar:/Applications/
            Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jna.jar:/Applications/
            Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/antlr.jar:/Applications/
            Processing.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ecj.jar"
            declare -x COMMAND_MODE="unix2003"
            declare -x DISPLAY="/tmp/launch-6T95cQ/:0"
            declare -x HISTCONTROL="ignoreboth:erasedups"
            declare -x HISTIGNORE="??:vim:emacs"
            declare -x HISTSIZE="5000"
            declare -x HISTTIMEFORMAT="%F %T "
            declare -x HOME="/Users/Notochord"
            declare -x LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
            declare -x LESS="-X"
            declare -x LOGNAME="Notochord"
            declare -x MANPATH="/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/X11/man:/
            usr/local/man:/usr/local/mysql/share/man"
            declare -x NAME="Edwin B."
            declare -x OLDPWD
            declare -x PATH="/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/
            bin:/usr/local/AllegroCL:/usr/local/flex_sdk_3/bin"
            declare -x PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/
            pkgconfig"
            declare -x PROCESSING_DIR="/Applications/Processing.app/Contents/
            Resources/Java"
            declare -x PS1="\\h:\\w \$ "
            declare -x PWD="/Users/Notochord"
            declare -x SECURITYSESSIONID="88fd10"
            declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
            declare -x SHLVL="1"
            declare -x SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/tmp/launch-CTq0W5/Listeners"
            declare -x TERM="xterm-color"
            declare -x TERM_PROGRAM="Apple_Terminal"
            declare -x TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION="240"
            declare -x TMPDIR="/var/folders/KV/KV9EAlhoGfO55ttbSSpbR++++TI/-Tmp-/"
            declare -x USER="Notochord"
            declare -x __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING="0x1F5:0:0"
            declare -x editor="Vim"

            Thanks!

            Edwin.
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
              2009/3/3 expora:

              >> > Do you think my Xcode version has to do with this? I'm using 3.1.
              >>
              >> I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
              >> binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
              >> and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
              >> compile.
              >
              > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
              > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
              >
              > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
              > know better :)

              Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either. Could you by any
              chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
              problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?

              Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue? I am not
              really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
              :-/

            • expora
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2009
                Thank you for your help Björn.

                I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
                because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
                2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
                I'll use it for a while before building again.

                Thanks!

                Edwin.

                On Mar 3, 3:59 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

                > >> I doubt it since you're not actually using Xcode to compile the Vim
                > >> binary.  The problem is most likely the Python 3.0 that you installed
                > >> and somehow it is pulling the wrong library version when you try to
                > >> compile.
                >
                > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
                > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
                >
                > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
                > > know better :)
                >
                > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
                > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
                > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
                >
                > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
                > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
                > :-/
                >
                > Björn
              • dacresni
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 4, 2009
                  is the build script in the git repo?

                  On Mar 3, 5:03 pm, expora <exp...@...> wrote:
                  > Thank you for your help Björn.
                  >
                  > I think I'm going to try uninstalling Python 3.0 as a last resort
                  > because right now I'm trying to learn the differences between python
                  > 2.5 and 3.0. The past MacVim snapshot hasn't given me any problems so
                  > I'll use it for a while before building again.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Edwin.

                  > > > Oh sorry, I didn't mean my Xcode version directly but versions of
                  > > > software like gcc, autoconf and so.
                  >
                  > > > Here's my export, although I don't see any relevant line... you should
                  > > > know better :)
                  >
                  > > Hmmm...no I don't see anything in there either.  Could you by any
                  > > chance try to uninstall Python 3.0 to see if that eliminates the
                  > > problem (unless that is too much of a hassle)?
                  >
                  > > Otherwise maybe somebody else could weigh in on this issue?  I am not
                  > > really the right person to answer these types of questions I'm afraid.
                  > > :-/
                  >
                  > > Björn
                • expora
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 18, 2009
                    It seems I've got it...

                    The problem appeared to be with my Python 3.0 installation, indeed.
                    I found two dirs for the Python framework:

                    A) /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
                    Contains dirs 2.3, 2.5 and a symlink to 2.5 named Current.

                    B) /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
                    Contains dir 3.0 and a symlink "Current" pointing to 3.0.

                    So I tried changing the "Current" symlink in location B to point to
                    dir "2.5" in location A and...

                    ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

                    I hope I'm not breaking anything :)

                    Cheers,