Re: Tab title unhelpful with netrw

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
      2009/2/25 Nico Weber:

      >> The following combination works well for me:
      >>
      >> " Tab label is filename, tooltip is full path and file name
      >> set guitablabel=%t
      >> set guitabtooltip=%F
      >>
      >> I have no objections to adding these lines to MacVim's gvimrc.  Does
      >> anybody object to this change?  Any other suggestions?
      >
      > I'm not sure about the guitabtooltip line. I can imagine it can be
      > annoying, and as cmd-click in the title bar displays the path already,
      > it doesn't really add anything (assuming people know about cmd-click,
      > and that they can set guitabtooltip on their own if they want).

      Ok, lets try only adding the guitablabel=%t line then.

      Actually, before I do so I'd like some more people to weigh in on this issue.
      Does anybody else want this as the default?
      Does anybody think we should leave things as they are?

      I appreciate any feedback (yes/no answers are good enough for me).

      Thanks,

    • Erik Price
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
        On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        > Ok, lets try only adding the guitablabel=%t line then.
        >
        > Actually, before I do so I'd like some more people to weigh in on this issue.
        > Does anybody else want this as the default?
        > Does anybody think we should leave things as they are?
        >
        > I appreciate any feedback (yes/no answers are good enough for me).

        +1 for guitablabel=%t

      • Bee
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2009
          On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
          > Ok, lets try only adding the guitablabel=%t line then.
          >
          > Actually, before I do so I'd like some more people to weigh in on
          > this issue.
          > Does anybody else want this as the default?
          > Does anybody think we should leave things as they are?
          >
          > I appreciate any feedback (yes/no answers are good enough for me).

          +1 guitablabel=%t%m

          file name tail AND modify flag [+]

          --
          Bill
          Santa Cruz, California

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2009
            2009/3/3 Bee:

            > On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
            >> Ok, lets try only adding the guitablabel=%t line then.
            >>
            >> Actually, before I do so I'd like some more people to weigh in on
            >> this issue.
            >> Does anybody else want this as the default?
            >> Does anybody think we should leave things as they are?
            >>
            >> I appreciate any feedback (yes/no answers are good enough for me).
            >
            > +1 guitablabel=%t%m
            >
            > file name tail AND modify flag [+]

            I settled on "guitablabel=%M%t" to make the labels as short as
            possible but so you can still see if the file has been modified. The
            change is in the repo.

            Thanks for the feedback,