FIX (was Re: problem with path completion of directory names)

  • Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
      At 3:19 pm +0200 2003-06-14, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I've just updated to 6.2.011 under OS X 10.2 but unfortunately it still
      >doesn't fix the most annoying problem with the Mac vim version: when
      >TAB-completing the paths (in ":e" command, for example), slash is not
      >appended after a directory name. E.g. if I have subdirectories "src" and
      >"include" in the current directory I expect to get ":e src/" after entering
      >":e s<TAB>" but I only get ":e src".
      >
      > This may seem like a very minor problem ...

      It is most courteous of you to put it like that, but it seems to me to
      be a most definite defect.

      > So I'd like to ask if there is a chance that anybody is going to look into
      >this in near future and, if not, where should I start if I want to fix this
      >myself.

      It is the symbol DONT_ADD_PATHSEP_TO_DIR in os_mac.h which
      is unconditionally defined, and should be treated like COLON_AS_PATHSEP
      a few lines up.

      The fix is obvious. I can submit a patch if required.

      > Thanks in advance,
      >VZ

      Grateful for the bug report.

      Cheers,
      Ben.

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114