problem with path completion of directory names

  • Vadim Zeitlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2003
      Hello,

      I've just updated to 6.2.011 under OS X 10.2 but unfortunately it still
      doesn't fix the most annoying problem with the Mac vim version: when
      TAB-completing the paths (in ":e" command, for example), slash is not
      appended after a directory name. E.g. if I have subdirectories "src" and
      "include" in the current directory I expect to get ":e src/" after entering
      ":e s<TAB>" but I only get ":e src".

      This may seem like a very minor problem but in reality it's very annoying
      as it's different from vim behaviour on all the other systems. I'd really
      like to fix it, even if I have to do it myself (although preferably not :-)
      but unfortunately I don't even really know where to start.

      So I'd like to ask if there is a chance that anybody is going to look into
      this in near future and, if not, where should I start if I want to fix this
      myself.

      Thanks in advance,
      VZ
    • Ben Fowler
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
        At 3:19 pm +0200 2003-06-14, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I've just updated to 6.2.011 under OS X 10.2 but unfortunately it still
        >doesn't fix the most annoying problem with the Mac vim version: when
        >TAB-completing the paths (in ":e" command, for example), slash is not
        >appended after a directory name. E.g. if I have subdirectories "src" and
        >"include" in the current directory I expect to get ":e src/" after entering
        >":e s<TAB>" but I only get ":e src".
        >
        > This may seem like a very minor problem ...

        It is most courteous of you to put it like that, but it seems to me to
        be a most definite defect.

        > So I'd like to ask if there is a chance that anybody is going to look into
        >this in near future and, if not, where should I start if I want to fix this
        >myself.

        It is the symbol DONT_ADD_PATHSEP_TO_DIR in os_mac.h which
        is unconditionally defined, and should be treated like COLON_AS_PATHSEP
        a few lines up.

        The fix is obvious. I can submit a patch if required.

        > Thanks in advance,
        >VZ

        Grateful for the bug report.

        Cheers,
        Ben.

        Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114