9929Re: mvim on file with path

  • alexanderkahn
    Feb 9, 2009
      On Feb 7, 7:37 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      > At the moment (as far as I can understand) we only fork after reading
      > the rc-files because a user may add "f" to 'guioptions'.  Now, my
      > question is: does anybody really _need_ this functionality?  If we
      > crippled this option we could fork right after parsing the command
      > line arguments and it would fix the above problems and potentially
      > others (that we do not yet know about) as well.  Another side-effect
      > of this is that we don't have to perform initializations twice which
      > would cut down on startup times.
      >
      > I would be much more comfortable with this solution.  Comments?

      I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I could do without the -f
      option (or guioptions=f). In the situation where I *would* use this
      feature, when writing a commit message for git or svn, I simply use
      vim in the command line, rather than MacVim. But I imagine some people
      may use MacVim in this situation, or for writing email messages, maybe
      they will weigh in if this is the case.

      Alex