976Re: link errors: vim 6.2f on Mac OS X

  • Emily Jackson
    May 29, 2003
      On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 08:36 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > I just "open os_mac.rsr.hqx". SE starts up, does its stuff (or
      > unstuff ;) and quits. Why not do it from the makefile?

      Mac OS X launch services are so unpredictable, Expander *may* not start
      up using just "open filename". (The first time I tried to build Vim,
      "open os_mac.rsr.hqx" caused MacLink Plus to start up, not StuffIt
      Expander.) "open -a StuffIt\ Expander" would be much safer.

      Emily
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic