9402Re: building in python2.5 support

  • Jason Foreman
    Nov 12, 2008
      On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Ches Martin <ches.martin@...> wrote:

      > Undefined symbols for architecture ppc:
      > "_main", referenced from:
      > start in crt1.10.5.o
      > ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture ppc

      > If I run the the gcc command manually, removing the '-arch ppc' flag
      > that showed up there, it completes, and I can then run make again and
      > end up with a successful build.

      You may need to:

      export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4

      I typically change the configure script to use the 10.5 SDK instead of
      10.4u when on Leopard.

      > By the way, I had the same issues as Kevin when '--with-mac-
      > arch=intel' was specified when configuring: it would complain about
      > not finding a terminal library. Adding '--with-tlib=ncurses' resulted
      > in the next generic error Kevin listed (though including the option is
      > not an issue if the arch one is omitted). It was tempting to try
      > forcing the arch when something was creeping in trying to add ppc
      > flags ;-)

      "--enable-rubyinterp" is the culprit here. The configure script runs
      Ruby to query the LDFLAGS with which it was built. It gets both
      arches in return and tries to use them. Either build a universal Vim
      (--with-mac-arch=both), or you'll have to edit the config (config.mk?)
      before building to remove the extraneous "--arch ppc".

      Long term, the Vim configure scripts need fixed for the Mac to remove
      the arch flags from Ruby's LDFLAGS. I believe this is already on the
      Vim todo list.

      Jason