9399Re: building in python2.5 support

  • Ches Martin
    Nov 12, 2008
      > On Nov 10, 8:08 pm, Kevin Watters <kevinwatt...@...> wrote:
      > > sh: /Users/kevin/src/vim7/src/auto/osdef.sh: No such file or directory
      > > make[1]: *** [auto/osdef.h] Error 127
      > > make: *** [first] Error 2

      I got this error and then realized I was running configure and make
      from the vim7 root and not the src directory -- I'm guessing you
      realized the same since you posted further progress :-)

      On Nov 12, 12:19 am, Kevin Watters <kevinwatt...@...> wrote:
      > So my newly built macvim with
      >
      > ./configure \
      > --enable-pythoninterp \
      > --enable-cscope \
      > --enable-multibyte \
      > --enable-fontset \
      > --enable-gui=macvim
      >
      > is up an running...I made sure to close my non-dev MacVim. But in the
      > dev build the fonts are all wacky...

      I believe the official distro is built without the fontset option
      since it's not configured for X anyway, so maybe try omitting it?

      I had build problems similar to Kevin's, though, too. Trying to build
      for Python 2.5 support in Leopard, including ruby support seems to be
      the source of the trouble (and I need ruby too :-)). Building with a
      similar set of config options:

      ./configure --enable-gui=macvim \
      --enable-pythoninterp \
      --enable-rubyinterp \
      --enable-cscope \
      --enable-multibyte

      make runs fine until:

      gcc -L. -arch ppc -arch i386 -L/usr/local/lib -o Vim objects/
      buffer.o objects/charset.o objects/diff.o objects/digraph.o objects/
      edit.o objects/eval.o objects/ex_cmds.o objects/ex_cmds2.o objects/
      ex_docmd.o objects/ex_eval.o objects/ex_getln.o objects/fileio.o
      objects/fold.o objects/getchar.o objects/hardcopy.o objects/hashtab.o
      objects/if_cscope.o objects/if_xcmdsrv.o objects/main.o objects/mark.o
      objects/memfile.o objects/memline.o objects/menu.o objects/message.o
      objects/misc1.o objects/misc2.o objects/move.o objects/mbyte.o objects/
      normal.o objects/ops.o objects/option.o objects/os_unix.o objects/
      pathdef.o objects/popupmnu.o objects/quickfix.o objects/regexp.o
      objects/screen.o objects/search.o objects/spell.o objects/syntax.o
      objects/tag.o objects/term.o objects/ui.o objects/undo.o objects/
      window.o objects/gui.o objects/pty.o objects/gui_macvim.o objects/
      MMBackend.o objects/MacVim.o objects/if_python.o objects/if_ruby.o
      objects/os_macosx.o objects/os_mac_conv.o objects/netbeans.o objects/
      version.o -framework Cocoa -framework Carbon -lncurses -liconv -
      lacl -framework Python -lruby -lpthread -ldl -lm
      ld: warning in objects/buffer.o, file is not of required architecture
      ld: warning in objects/charset.o, file is not of required architecture
      <more snipped>
      Undefined symbols for architecture ppc:
      "_main", referenced from:
      start in crt1.10.5.o
      ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture ppc
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      ld: warning in /usr/local/lib/libacl.dylib, file is not of required
      architecture
      lipo: can't open input file: /var/folders/XL/XLdLIuAPFbeQaJOa-6n-ME++
      +TI/-Tmp-//ccehNUjM.out (No such file or directory)
      make: *** [Vim] Error 1

      If I run the the gcc command manually, removing the '-arch ppc' flag
      that showed up there, it completes, and I can then run make again and
      end up with a successful build.

      By the way, I had the same issues as Kevin when '--with-mac-
      arch=intel' was specified when configuring: it would complain about
      not finding a terminal library. Adding '--with-tlib=ncurses' resulted
      in the next generic error Kevin listed (though including the option is
      not an issue if the arch one is omitted). It was tempting to try
      forcing the arch when something was creeping in trying to add ppc
      flags ;-)

      --
      Ches Martin